Teeth falling out normal? Cat is 13.

Old November 11th 05, 06:49 PM

Default Teeth falling out normal? Cat is 13.

Hi Cybercat.

Thanks for the encouragement. We had to transfer money from the
"emergency" fund today to cover the mortgage. When there are
recriminations, I will repeat to myself "I am sure you added years to
his life."

Regarding crown amputations, they draw the gum material up over the
crown, and sew it in place. Later on, the stitches are absorbed, and
George is left with gums. This is how it's done, and this is a
teaching and research clinic that should be up on the latest
techniques. That's all I know.

I hope your cats are healthy and happy.

Regards,

Rick

Old November 11th 05, 08:37 PM
cybercat

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Cybercat.

Thanks for the encouragement. We had to transfer money from the
"emergency" fund today to cover the mortgage. When there are
recriminations, I will repeat to myself "I am sure you added years to
his life."

G I know there are other things you needed to do with that money,
but you know you did the right thing--and in my experience, this kind
of generosity toward those who need help honestly does come back
to you tenfold. So you get to do the right thing and you "get yours"
in the end, too! It's a win-win situation!

Regarding crown amputations, they draw the gum material up over the
crown, and sew it in place. Later on, the stitches are absorbed, and
George is left with gums. This is how it's done, and this is a
teaching and research clinic that should be up on the latest
techniques. That's all I know.

Hmm, interesting. I had no idea. I try to brush my cats' teeth regularly
so that they might not develop gum or tooth problems--I have to admit
that I am too afraid to take them for preventive dentals because the
possible complications of anesthesia worry me. But one day they might
need some care so it's good to know what can be done.

I hope your cats are healthy and happy.

Thank you, Rick! My two girls are happy and well, downstairs at the
big backyard window watching the chipmunks and the blue jays wage war.
Cat tv!