Cloudy Eye in one eyed Cat

Old October 28th 05, 11:50 PM
whitershadeofpale

Default Cloudy Eye in one eyed Cat

whezrsfriend wrote:
I know there is going to be some moron on this group who will post "take
it to the vet" AFTER IVE already SAID I CANNOT afford to do that.
Besides most vets don't do any better than I do after I've researched
the issue.

I have a cat who I adopted as a stray who is getting along in years. It
had a serious infection when I first got it on the side of the head and
we treated it and it survived with antibiotics. However it lost that
eye, which is still there, but blind.

The other eye is starting to get cloudy-like a dull milky film. What
meds can I order from a vet supply store to treat this eye so as to
extend it's life? I hate to see this cat go totally blind and then I
will have to put it to sleep I guess or let it suffer. He can still see,
but probably his vision in the remaining eye is not too good. I'd say it
is around 10% or more opaque. He still seems to get around ok.

Please respond to the question only, I will ignore idiots who start
moralizing me about taking the cat to the vet. Vets are outrageous
nowadays and many are incompetent, just as regular doctors here in the
USA. And then they act like they are doing you a big favor by seeing
you. Not all, but many.

Well, poor little cat.

What useful info have you found on other parts of the web?

I did get lucky and found a vet that works out of her home, her prices
are about 1/2 the norm. Haven't actually used her yet, but will soon
enough.

I am trying to find a certain stray who was super friendly the night I
cut her a break and let her stay in the house; and I am getting a 7 yr
old tabby, but the tabby has just been to the vet.

Yeah, the cloudy eye says antibiotics, but like unibrow said, you would
definetely need to know the real problem with the eye.

I am certain that wherever you inquire, it will come back the same,
that a proper diagnosis would be needed.

Just wanted to say, good luck in getting the help and info you are
needing.

Don't pay squidworth no mind, he's just frustrated because he's not a
real vet.