Abbey purred!

Old October 29th 05, 04:32 AM
Candace

Default Abbey purred!

She hadn't purred for almost 6 months. She was diagnosed with
chylothorax and fibrosing pleuritis (scarring of her lungs from the
chyle sitting in her chest cavity) in May. She had a *very* grave
prognosis, had her chest drained twice, was supposed to die. The 2
vets kept preparing me for that, said her chances of survival were less
than 10%. They said she wouldn't be able to get her chest drained
again probably because of all her lung damage. She took lasix and
rutin, very gradually improved.

Starting about 2 months ago, she started acting pretty normal
again...playing, eating more, doing all her old things. Gained her
weight back. But still never purred...not because she wasn't happy,
you could tell she was happy, but we figured some internal damage had
been done and she was not able to do so anymore.

Her breathing continued to look odd as though she was pushing the air
in and out with her abdominal muscles rather than her diaphragm (I
think that's how it works). A week or 2 ago I noticed her breathing
doesn't really look that odd anymore...almost like a normal cat now.

Last night, I was brushing her, and loud purring began!!!!!!!!!!! My
little girl is back to normal again.

Candace

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Old October 29th 05, 04:43 AM
Lumpy

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yea for Abbey!! I've been wondering about her. You've taken great
care of her, Candace. I'm really happy she is feeling well.

Old October 29th 05, 04:48 AM
Karen

On 2005-10-28 22:32:52 -0500, "Candace" said:

[...]

Wow. That is just amazing and WONDERFUL! So nice to hear happy news. I
hope she is beating this!

Old October 29th 05, 06:22 AM
Phil P.

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

That's wonderful! I'm really happy! I *knew* she'd be ok.

"10%" huh? When are these vets going to learn to never underestimate the
indomitable spirit of the cat and their unfathomable resilience?!

Give her a scritch or two for me.

Phil

Old October 29th 05, 02:29 PM
.oO rach Oo.

Fantastic news!! I bet now that she's started purring, she won't stop.

Great work!

--
..oO rach Oo.

oups.com...

Old October 29th 05, 04:48 PM
Juls

In article .com,
"Candace" wrote:

[...]

What wonderful news, Candace! Jack and Jazz send all of you hugs and
purrs!

--
j-u-l-i at e-c-t dot o-r-g
To email remove annoying hyphens
Old October 29th 05, 06:22 PM
chas

How fantastic!

There's no sound nicer than the sound of a contented happy cat.

chas

Old October 29th 05, 07:32 PM
Jamie

I am so happy that Abbey is doing better!
I am happy for you and her.
My cat Furby dies 2 months ago from Chylothorax.
What a horrible disease!
I did everything possible to save him.
I am a vet tech.
I spent thousand of dollars and even flew from California to Texas to
have a life saving surgery performed.
Furby died from cardiac arraest less then 2 hours after surgery.
I am still grieving the loss of my sweet bot.
My Abbey still keep purring.
It looks like all will be fine with her.
You are so blessed.

Old October 29th 05, 07:33 PM
Jamie

I am so happy that Abbey is doing better!
I am happy for you and her.
My cat Furby died 2 months ago from Chylothorax.
What a horrible disease!
I did everything possible to save him.
I am a vet tech.
I spent thousand of dollars and even flew from California to Texas to
have a life saving surgery performed on Furby.
Furby died from cardiac arrest less then 2 hours after surgery.
I am still grieving the loss of my sweet boy.
May Abbey keep purring.

Old October 29th 05, 07:42 PM
Rhonda

Yeah! What a beautiful sound.