A kissing cat

Old November 2nd 05, 10:13 PM
Dick Peavey

Default A kissing cat

My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
is.

He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
taken to nosing him back.

Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
recognized cat behavior?

Dick

Old November 2nd 05, 10:22 PM
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Dick Peavey exclaimed (02-Nov-05 10:13 PM):
My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
is.

He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
taken to nosing him back.

Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
recognized cat behavior?

Dick

I believe it is a cat greeting. Meep often wants to touch noses with me
when I get home from work.

jmc
Old November 2nd 05, 10:42 PM

Hey,

My cat does the same. And he also likes to kind of rub his nose on
mine. This generaly happens when I am either at bed or holding him. He
is also a fun of foreheads greeting. He can be ver darling when he
wants. And diabolic also.

Minerva

Old November 3rd 05, 12:50 AM
Ramboyd

Dick Peavey wrote:

My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
is.

He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
taken to nosing him back.

Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
recognized cat behavior?

Dick

You're lucky. Mine sticks his ass in my face. : (

Ramboyd

======

"My Ottawa Includes Corruption"

Old November 3rd 05, 12:55 AM
Joe Canuck

Ramboyd wrote:

Dick Peavey wrote:

My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
is.

He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
taken to nosing him back.

Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
recognized cat behavior?

Dick

You're lucky. Mine sticks his ass in my face. : (

Ramboyd

======

"My Ottawa Includes Corruption"

Ah yes, I know who that would be! Haha!

That is his way of saying "Kiss my butt you twerp!".

Old November 3rd 05, 01:16 AM
DevilsPGD

In message "Dick Peavey"
wrote:

My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
is.

He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
taken to nosing him back.

Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
recognized cat behavior?

I have a couple cats that do this (one will lick my nose, the other just
does the nose thing), but only when they're in an affectionate mood.

--
My news reader can beat up your news reader
Old November 3rd 05, 01:20 AM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:13:27 -0600, Dick Peavey wrote:

My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
is.

He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and
deliberately plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at
first, but have taken to nosing him back.

Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this
a recognized cat behavior?

Dick

Yes, we do that kiss all the time. I read a long time ago that the
Eskimos kissed that way, MLB
Old November 3rd 05, 01:22 AM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:50:51 -0500, Ramboyd wrote:

Dick Peavey wrote:

My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think
it is.

He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and
deliberately plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at
first, but have taken to nosing him back.

Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is
this a recognized cat behavior?

Dick

You're lucky. Mine sticks his ass in my face. : (

Ramboyd

======

"My Ottawa Includes Corruption"

Gee -- don't be a killjoy. He is just asking you for a kiss. MLB

Old November 3rd 05, 07:19 AM
Adam Helberg

"Dick Peavey" wrote in message ...
My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it is.

He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately plants
his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have taken to nosing
him back.

Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
recognized cat behavior?

Dick

My cat Oreo likes to do that to me as well.

Adam

Old November 3rd 05, 12:36 PM

Dick Peavey wrote:
My cat recently has taken to kissing me! At least that is what I think it
is.

He is in bed with me, then purposely strides up to my face, and deliberately
plants his nose on my nose. I was a little disconcerted at first, but have
taken to nosing him back.

Have you all heard of such a thing? Is the cat really kissing me? Is this a
recognized cat behavior?

Dick

Yes the cat is connecting with you intimately. It's not sexual but
personal intimacy. Cross-species adoration is what I would call it.
You're really quite lucky. The closest I can get to this is with
bribery. I put a treat in my teeth, sticking out of my mouth and my cat
will carefully grab the treat and though literally giving me a kiss.
But it's not as nice as yours, just bribing the cat with food. She's a
stray/feral which never completely domesticated or I'm doing something
wrong.