Ping Phil P

Old November 13th 05, 10:21 AM
No More Retail

Default Ping Phil P

Phil you asked to let you know how our plant eater of angel trumpet. Well
the toxicology did come back bad news the cat did ingest the plant good
news been seizure free since the last post and off of IV new blood work
shows normal levels on everything

Old November 13th 05, 12:05 PM
Phil P.

"No More Retail" wrote in message
Phil you asked to let you know how our plant eater of angel trumpet. Well
the toxicology did come back bad news the cat did ingest the plant good
news been seizure free since the last post and off of IV new blood work
shows normal levels on everything

That's great news! Thanks for the update.

Old November 13th 05, 06:54 PM
No More Retail

Even better news this morning the person who brought him is going to adopt
him. The lady is going thru our background check and once the cat goes thru
quarantine and gets fixed with shots she is going to take Mr.kitty home

Old November 13th 05, 07:26 PM
cybercat

"No More Retail" wrote in message
.. .
Even better news this morning the person who brought him is going to adopt
him. The lady is going thru our background check and once the cat goes

thru
quarantine and gets fixed with shots she is going to take Mr.kitty home

Wonderful!! NMR, what do you think about ear tipping, you are someone who
participates in rescue programs.

Old November 13th 05, 08:47 PM
No More Retail

Personally I wish there was another way instead of clipping the cats
ear. I don't like it but I understand why it is done. I see cats come in
alot with their ears clipped. No tattoos or microchips to identify where
they are from. There are a few feral colonies around here that the
caretakers use tattoos and chips. They get returned and animal control gets
an ass chewing by the aspca rep.
But ear tipped or not animal control still traps them and takes them to
the shelter usually a kill shelter. Ear tipped is supposed to mean a
neutered cat that is being cared for. Animal control in our area does not
care they pick up the animals and take them to the shelter. I am so glad we
work with the surrounding counties to safe older cats. We have rehabilited
many of a feral cat to happy and loving homes.

With all our technology we can put gps tracking in our smaller than pocket
size phones but no one has made; to my knowledge, a chip to track animals at
a distance. It would be a great tool you cats gets out log on to the
computer and find out where his happy butt is. You would be able to track
your colonies movement

On another note if this is acceptable practice to do on animals why can't
we do this to criminals if it is good enough to do to a cat why not a child
molester. ;-)

I read in the other flaming post which I will not get involved in. You all
brought out both sides and the trolls. And I am not going to get into an
argument too many I am right no matter what are involved on both sides.
Even though as some one pointed out it is an apple and orange argument a no
win situation.

I was watching on the discovery channel. They were using a glow in the dark
marking or glow while using a night scope on the big cats ears to make their
night movements easier to track at a distance. I wonder how much this would
cost and how effective it would be. The dye is supposed to be permanent
would make it easier for the night trappers.

Now I am not a trained TNR personnel they only experience I have beside
being a DART member and my hurricane experiences; about catching strays is
using forget me no traps, using a drop net or launched spring net to capture
sick animals. I have sat out in the weather, spent nights and days trying
to catch a sick animals, so I have a little understanding of what the
trappers go thru. The ear cropping has it good point and bad points but
this is one of the damn questions that I hate.
Will it help them live healthier and longer in the long run. That I will
leave up to you folks

Old November 13th 05, 08:57 PM
CatNipped

[...]

How about a glow-in-the-dark ear stud? I know some would argue that even
piercing is disfiguration (and looking at some of today's human youth, I
might agree! ;). But it just might start a feral cat fashion trend!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 13th 05, 09:02 PM
No More Retail

ROFLMAO Thanks catnipped I needed that I could see one of my firballs
having that walking down the hall in the middle of the night one eye open
trying to figure out what the hell is that ;-)

But that is an idea a glow in the dark tag but to many ways for it to rip
off and people would use the same argument

Old November 13th 05, 09:46 PM
CatNipped

"No More Retail" wrote in message
ROFLMAO Thanks catnipped I needed that I could see one of my firballs
having that walking down the hall in the middle of the night one eye open
trying to figure out what the hell is that ;-)

But that is an idea a glow in the dark tag but to many ways for it to

rip
off and people would use the same argument

Yeah, I was being facetious. I cringe when I see hoop earrings on kids - I
just know it's going to get hung up on a hair brush or something and rip out
of their ears (you can tell I don't have any piercings - too chicken! ;).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 14th 05, 01:58 AM
Candace

CatNipped wrote:

Yeah, I was being facetious. I cringe when I see hoop earrings on kids - I
just know it's going to get hung up on a hair brush or something and rip out
of their ears (you can tell I don't have any piercings - too chicken! ;).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Ewww, when I was in high school, some guy went up to a girl at a
drinking fountain and pulled on her hoop earring real hard and ripped
her ear lobe! He wasn't even trying to hurt her or anything, just
fooling around. It grossed me out for a long time but I did finally
get my ears pierced when I was in my early 30s. Glad I did it, too,
cuz I love jewelry and that opened up all new places to hang it!

Candace