pING cYBERCAT Was...Good girls gone wild!

Old November 16th 05, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default pING cYBERCAT Was...Good girls gone wild!

So can I ask about your cat(s)

and, if so, how are they

any plans for more cats.

Old November 16th 05, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"whitershadeofpale" wrote in message
ups.com...
So can I ask about your cat(s)

Of course! How very kind of you to inquire about the welfare of my two girly
cats.

and, if so, how are they

They are doing quite well. Gracie, my little 7.5 lb tabby with allergies and
athsma weighed in last month at 7.5 lbs instead of the 7.25 lbs she usually
is in the fall. She needed an extra Depo Medrol shot this year due to fairly
heavy congestion that my vet felt might result cause or exacerbate an asthma
attack, but that is only three for the year. (It is his opinon that we could
have as many as six shots, one every two months without risking serious side
effects, though he does urge me to keep them to a minimum.) She has had no
sign of eosophilic granuloma complex since last July. (No linear granuloma,
no indolent ulcers on her mouth.) I attribute this to the fact that I have
found some foods that do not trigger allergic reactions in her--every cat is
different this way, of course--and tothe fact that I keep her exposure to
dust, perfume, smoke and other known allergens to a minimum. She has a new
batch of catnip toys and is currently enjoying kicking the snot out of
George Bush and Arnold Schwarzenegger, along with a variety of bug, bird,
and creature toys.

Boo, my tuxedo girl who will be 11 soon, has lost a total of about 9 pounds.
So she is now weighing about 9 pounds, down from 18. She has lost an entire
cat, and is frisky as a kitten. Her fur is amazingly silky and shiny. She is
still on Tapazole for her overactive thryoid but her levels of thyroid
hormone are very good--we had the bloodwork done last summer. She is still
on a beta blocker to keep her heart rate slow and steady, so no more
heart-wrenching kitty fainting spells. She is still pretty radical about her
scheduled feedings--or, more accurately, in between them, when she slaps at
our feet as we pass in the kitchen if we do not stop to feed her, and walks
in to any room where we might be, gives us the little black-eyed-rat-*******
stare of death, and curses us in cat before she turns on her little kitty
heel in disgust and walks away. She has also become adept at conducting
stealth raids on Gracie's food dish, which we now keep where she cannot
reach it. Therefore she has earned yet another name: Abu Bubu, Tuxedo
Terrorist.

No plans for more cats at this time as our little fambly is very happy.

any plans for more cats.

Old November 16th 05, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:
[...]

I like the name Gracie, it's old fashioned and strong, yet it is
dainty.

If you live near a busy road, keeping dust down can be a daily chore. I
will never live on a busy street again...it can make you dust 2wice a
day.

about smoking and allergies?

I know a little dog who steals cigarette butts from the ash tray, he
hides under the couch and chews them. His vet says, he's addicted to
nicotine. Sure! Our cats get a good dose of our vices.

I heard about a study that was done; Children who are never allowed to
get "dirty" have far worse allergies as adults, than children who
say.."play in the dirt" and sometimes eat with dirty hands etc..it made
sense to me.

She has a new
batch of catnip toys and is currently enjoying kicking the snot out of
George Bush and Arnold Schwarzenegger, along with a variety of bug, bird,
and creature toys.

haha

Boo, my tuxedo girl who will be 11 soon, has lost a total of about 9 pounds.
So she is now weighing about 9 pounds, down from 18.

well congratulations! I know you are proud, and I know she will
probably live longer.

She has lost an entire
cat, and is frisky as a kitten. Her fur is amazingly silky and shiny. She is
still on Tapazole for her overactive thryoid but her levels of thyroid
hormone are very good--we had the bloodwork done last summer. She is still
on a beta blocker to keep her heart rate slow and steady, so no more
heart-wrenching kitty fainting spells. She is still pretty radical about her
scheduled feedings--or, more accurately, in between them, when she slaps at
our feet as we pass in the kitchen if we do not stop to feed her, and walks
in to any room where we might be, gives us the little black-eyed-rat-*******
stare of death, and curses us in cat before she turns on her little kitty
heel in disgust and walks away.

Sounds like tough love to me! lol, She will probably pick up at least
one pound through the winter.

She has also become adept at conducting
stealth raids on Gracie's food dish, which we now keep where she cannot
reach it. Therefore she has earned yet another name: Abu Bubu, Tuxedo
Terrorist.

Cute!

I wander if they sleep through the night, or do they prowl and pilfer
all night.

Old November 16th 05, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"whitershadeofpale" wrote

I like the name Gracie, it's old fashioned and strong, yet it is
dainty.

That is the name the shelter gave her. But, being one of my creatures,
she has several names, of course! (Did you know that his wife and
kids called FZ "the man who names things? )

If you live near a busy road, keeping dust down can be a daily chore. I
will never live on a busy street again...it can make you dust 2wice a
day.

Hepas work well, and good vacuums.

about smoking and allergies?

I know a little dog who steals cigarette butts from the ash tray, he
hides under the couch and chews them. His vet says, he's addicted to
nicotine. Sure! Our cats get a good dose of our vices.

They do.

I heard about a study that was done; Children who are never allowed to
get "dirty" have far worse allergies as adults, than children who
say.."play in the dirt" and sometimes eat with dirty hands etc..it made
sense to me.

Well, I sure was allowed to get dirty! And I have moderate allergies,
just dust and mold, no plants, and I did not get them until adulthood.

She has a new
batch of catnip toys and is currently enjoying kicking the snot out of
George Bush and Arnold Schwarzenegger, along with a variety of bug,

bird,
and creature toys.

haha

To be fair, I presented her with Arnold and Hillary at the same time. (True
story.) She prefers to kick the snot out of Arnold, and now George, but the
latter might be because his catnip is fresher because he is newer. However,
she does work Hillary over every now and then.

Boo, my tuxedo girl who will be 11 soon, has lost a total of about 9

pounds.
So she is now weighing about 9 pounds, down from 18.

well congratulations! I know you are proud, and I know she will
probably live longer.

Thank you. The challenge was, she was one of the rare FAT HYPERthyroid
cats. Meaning that although most cats with overactive thyroids are skinny,
she was fat when diagnosed. (My vet says it is rare, but it does happen. And
wetted her throat and let me feel her enlarged thyroid when I doubted him.)
SO--she was expected to become even fatter when we corrected it, because
getting her thyroid hormone levels lower meant SLOWING down her
metabolism. But following Phil's (and my vet's) instructions (feeding a
premium
canned food 12 hours apart, and reducing the portion by 1/4 when she
plateaued to get her to lose) we were successful. We are very pleased. She
is well loved by my whole huge extended family and my husband's too.

She has also become adept at conducting
stealth raids on Gracie's food dish, which we now keep where she cannot
reach it. Therefore she has earned yet another name: Abu Bubu, Tuxedo
Terrorist.

Cute!

I wander if they sleep through the night, or do they prowl and pilfer
all night.

They do both. They sleep with us, but get to roam part of the house, too,
and they sometimes play together and knock things off of tables or shelves,
usually just before dawn so sometimes wake us up. They used to get to
roam more of the house at night but they found a way to trip the motion
detectors on the alarm system--which are supposed to be set high enough
and in the right places that cats "can't" trip them. Heh. Our cats can. So
now
they are only allowed to play on the third floor.

Did you adopt your little girl cat yet, Barry?

Old November 16th 05, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:

Did you adopt your little girl cat yet, Barry?

oh it's a done deal, I just need to go over and get her.
She lives right up the street (in a big ol house) but confined to
several smaller rooms.

so what's the holdup? :0

shakin my head

We both know Im fixin to get pussy whipped!

Old November 16th 05, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:
(Did you know that his wife and
kids called FZ "the man who names things? )

who is FZ

Old November 16th 05, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

whitershadeofpale wrote:

who is FZ

alt.fan.frank-zappa

Old November 16th 05, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:

Did you adopt your little girl cat yet, Barry?

oh it's a done deal, I just need to go over and get her.
She lives right up the street (in a big ol house) but confined to
several smaller rooms.

so what's the holdup? :0

shakin my head

We both know Im fixin to get pussy whipped!

G You better keep that baby girl inside too, unless you're
watching her, too, Barry. But I know you plan on it now that
you know about those dogs.

Old November 16th 05, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"whitershadeofpale" wrote in message
oups.com...

cybercat wrote:
(Did you know that his wife and
kids called FZ "the man who names things? )

who is FZ

Frank Zappa!

Old November 16th 05, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"whitershadeofpale" wrote in message
ups.com...

whitershadeofpale wrote:

who is FZ

alt.fan.frank-zappa

There you go. One of my major heros. More
due to his lyrics and iconoclasm and philosophy
than his music, though he was a great guitar player
and composer.