fasting question

Old November 18th 05, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default fasting question

Question about fasting. When you fast a cat for 24 hours, when (after the
last meal does that being)? More specifically, I feel my cat twice a day
6am/pm, his last meal was 6pm, do I wait til next next morning to feed him
or can I feed him sometime after 6pm the next day?

Thanks.
Old November 18th 05, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Amy wrote:
Question about fasting. When you fast a cat for 24 hours, when (after the
last meal ...wait til next next morning to feed him
or can I feed him sometime after 6pm the next day?

Thanks.

why does you're cat need to fast, I've never heard of this.

Old November 18th 05, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:33:24 -0800, whitershadeofpale wrote:

Amy wrote:
[quoted text muted]

why does you're cat need to fast, I've never heard of this.

diarrhea
Old November 18th 05, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Amy wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:33:24 -0800, whitershadeofpale wrote:

Amy wrote:
[quoted text muted]

why does you're cat need to fast, I've never heard of this.

diarrhea

feed her some cheese, cats love cheese

Old November 18th 05, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

certain blood test

Old November 18th 05, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Hi Amy,

I would think 24 hours means 24 hours.

I'm concerned about the fasting, though. Usually cats are not fasted
because they can quickly develop fatty liver disease. Dogs are sometimes
fasted for different reasons, but not cats (that I have every heard of...)

Is this an experienced vet that you trust? Did they test for parasites
or do blood tests?

Good luck to kitty,

Rhonda

Old November 18th 05, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Amy" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:33:24 -0800, whitershadeofpale wrote:

Amy wrote:
[quoted text muted]

why does you're cat need to fast, I've never heard of this.

diarrhea

I've never heard of fasting as a remedy for diarrhoea when it comes to cats.

Has your vet suggested you do this?

Old November 18th 05, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Amy" wrote in message
news
Question about fasting. When you fast a cat for 24 hours, when (after the
last meal does that being)? More specifically, I feel my cat twice a day
6am/pm, his last meal was 6pm, do I wait til next next morning to feed him
or can I feed him sometime after 6pm the next day?

Do not starve your cat unless a vet tells you to and you really trust the
vet
and understand why.