Emily the stowaway

Old December 1st 05, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Emily the stowaway

At least it has a happy ending
"Diane" wrote in message
What do you imagine goes through their little minds?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051201/ap_on_fe_st/stowaway_cat
--
Web site: http://www.slywy.com/
Message board: http://www.slywy.com/phpBB2/

Old December 1st 05, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I take my hat off to the airline and their workers for pulling out all the
stops to get her home.

Most airlines, and other large seemingly faceless companies are just
complained about these days it seems, it's so nice to see REAL people in
action such as this.

chas

Old December 2nd 05, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

It's a heartwarming story of people who understand the importance of a cat
with ID to the people who belong to her.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old December 3rd 05, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Barb wrote:
It's a heartwarming story of people who understand the importance of a cat
with ID to the people who belong to her.

At the risk of sounding like a scrooge, I remember reading one of the
initial reports of the cat being found. And I really don't feel the
cat was all that important to the family (in general--perhaps the
children felt differently).

When Emily the cat went missing a month ago, her owners looked for their wandering pet where she had ended up before - the local animal shelter.

Obviously the cat had disappeared before. If the cat were that
important to them, they'd take greater care about letting her out.

"The only thing we can think right now is buying a plane ticket," McElhiney said.

"She already cost us some the first time we got her from the humane society. She's getting to be an expensive little thing."

Had the story not made the news, I would bet they would have gladly
left the cat in France rather than suffer the expense of bringing her
back. I don't think they'd have thought twice about that, nor would
they have thought twice about just getting a new one from the humane
society.

The only people who really cared were those who found her, and those
who brought her back (not so much the airline, itself, as it was in it
for the publicity, but the flight attendants who accompanied the cat).

Old December 4th 05, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Well, I wasn't familiar with the whole story. I certainly hope the family
appreciates her better now and takes better care of her.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

[Fwd: Emily takes a trip to France] EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) Cat anecdotes 0 October 28th 05 10:19 PM
Emily the Strange + her cats Enfilade Cat anecdotes 0 July 19th 05 12:13 AM
A job for Emily Bobcat Cat anecdotes 2 March 7th 05 03:11 PM
Emily and Max Brenda Cat anecdotes 2 November 24th 03 01:18 AM
Emily and Max Brenda Cat anecdotes 6 November 23rd 03 01:30 AM