cat peeing on couch

Old December 2nd 05, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default cat peeing on couch

I have a cat that just started peeing, 3 times now, on a leather couch
of mine. I've cleaned it with stuff from the store that is supposed to
take the smell away, but she peed there again. I'm not sure what else
to do to stop it, maybe nothing.
Actually it is my friends cat who I just moved in with, along with my
cat and my leather couch, whcih was purchased from someone else who
owned a cat, so I wonder if another cat peed on the couch and now she
smells it. We do have 2 litter boxes. The cats seem to get along and we
introduced them properly, although since it's her place really, she
might be a bit posessive, but she's never been this way in the past,
with other cats, or for that matter went outside of the box for any
reason, so it's hard to tell why she's doing this now.
Any advice?

Old December 2nd 05, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

One thing to do is try Anti Icy Poo (mister max, online) to clean the
scent out. It is amazing stuff. Cover the couch in something
waterproof for now (like a big shower curtain) and then top that with a
blanket or something. Maybe put a litter right near the couch too. HTH

Old December 2nd 05, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I meant "anti icky poo"

Old December 2nd 05, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I second that motion! Our cat just got through a bladder infection. His
first symptom was peeing on the couch.

Rhonda

Old December 2nd 05, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:
I have a cat that just started peeing, 3 times now, on a leather couch
of mine. I've cleaned it with stuff from the store that is supposed to
take the smell away, but she peed there again. I'm not sure what else
to do to stop it, maybe nothing.
Actually it is my friends cat who I just moved in with, along with my
cat and my leather couch, whcih was purchased from someone else who
owned a cat, so I wonder if another cat peed on the couch and now she
smells it. We do have 2 litter boxes. The cats seem to get along and we
introduced them properly, although since it's her place really, she
might be a bit posessive, but she's never been this way in the past,
with other cats, or for that matter went outside of the box for any
reason, so it's hard to tell why she's doing this now.
Any advice?

Maybe it's the leather? I have a 8 year old female that has no urinary
tract issues that does this very same thing to indicate to me she is
not likin something. I use the Store bought enzyme deodorizer as well,
I pour 1/2 gallon into a watering can and water the crap out of the
couch. For the moment, I am using double stick tape to keep her off
the couch when we are not home, since doing it when I am home earns her
a time out in the 'cat room'. A hassle, yes. I'm hoping eventually
she'll get the message and knock it off.

Old December 2nd 05, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Well she's done it maybe 3 times in 2 weeks, so she's also used the
box. I just can't tell what the reason is - upset about something (new
cat, new food, something else), medical issue (but she seems fine
otherwise), or smelling another cat, maybe even one who peed on the
couch before and now she's trying to reclaim it or something. We went
back from 1 cat box to 2, and cleaned the couch again, I suppose we
should take in for an appointment next.