Attention Phil P.

Old December 14th 05, 02:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Attention Phil P.

See the picture I posted for you in alt.binaries.pictures.animals.
(Attn Phil P. I think was my header.) You'll see my setup.

I bet you never had this question before but you're the only one I can
think to ask.

I foster cats. I have hardwood floors. How do I really disinfect the
place without wrecking the beautiful floors? Is there any substance,
NOT bleach, that will kill panleuk etc. without destroying the floors?
Old December 14th 05, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
See the picture I posted for you in alt.binaries.pictures.animals.
(Attn Phil P. I think was my header.) You'll see my setup.

I bet you never had this question before but you're the only one I can
think to ask.

I foster cats. I have hardwood floors. How do I really disinfect the
place without wrecking the beautiful floors? Is there any substance,
NOT bleach, that will kill panleuk etc. without destroying the floors?

I use Trifectant (a/k/a Virkon S) its about the best there is. Doesn't harm
finishes and its safe to use around kittens. As with any cleaning product,
try it out on a small area- just to make sure. Kills feline parvovirus
(panleukopenia/distemper), herpesvirus, calicivirus, ringworm and a host of
other viruses, bacteria, fungi & Mycoplasma.
Here's the spec sheet
http://www.maxshouse.com/Equipment/T...Spec_Sheet.jpg
..
The only downside is the solution only lasts for 7 days after its mixed. I
use the tablets to make up small quantities- 1 tablet makes 16 oz, or 2
tablets make 32 oz to use in spray bottles. Just drop the tablets in a spay
bottle with 16 or 32 oz. of water and you're good to go after it dissolves.
For larger areas you can order the 1.3 oz packets that makes 1 gallon and
treats about 135 sq. ft. Trifectant also comes in 10 lb. tubs- but for home
use, you're better off with the tablets for spay bottles and 1.3 oz. packets
for mopping solutions- no measurement.

Here's were you can order Trifectant in tablets and packets:

http://lambriarvetsupply.com/sbsite.php

http://tinyurl.com/9u3fk

Btw, you might want to separate the litters to limit the spread of disease.
If you can, keep each litter in a separate area- or better yet, in a
different room.

Best of luck,

Phil

Old December 14th 05, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Gee thanks Phil, Didn't ever get around to ask.. but I was looking for that
too !!
--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

nk.net...

.

Old December 14th 05, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Seems to be really.. I'll keep that in mind ;o)

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

"NMR" wrote in message
. ..
PHIL IS THE MAN :-)
"Willow" wrote in message
t...
Gee thanks Phil, Didn't ever get around to ask.. but I was looking for
that
too !!
--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

nk.net...

Old December 14th 05, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Willow" wrote in message
t...
Gee thanks Phil, Didn't ever get around to ask.. but I was looking for

that
too !!

I forgot to mention that you can also use Trifectant in the wash for bedding
and blankets and even some toys.

P.