Pawsense?

Old December 20th 05, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Pawsense?

Thank you to everyone who gave input on the doggles idea! I still may
try them-- despite his wild and crazy ways Jonas can be a very tolerate
cat. He went to Petsmart with me the other day and sat quietly without
any fuss. If we could get a handle on his biting I truly think he
would make an amazing therapy cat.

Now a follow up question- does anyone use the program Pawsense to stop
their cat from killing their computer? If so, did you find it truly
works? Jonas often shuts down programs and even sends faxes. He's
even switched my computer view from Windows 2000 to XP and I still
can't figure out how.

The real problem is that I have found no good way to teach this cat
anything. Everytime he gets on the keyboard I put him on the floor.
Simple, right? Expect he just won't stop even if I do it sixty times
in a row. Water guns have no effect on him- he loves drinking from
them. Air in a can just makes him want to play.

Sethran (and the very evil Jonas)

Old December 20th 05, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Your cat is obviously the boss here. He seems to like the attention his
antics bring. And it must be very hard to ignore them.

My cat has a folded up fleecy blanket on my desk which she will settle down
on after she has done her emailing and faxing etc... and surfed the net
whilst sticking her rear end in my face!

After chasing the cursor round the screen she does eventually get bored and
go and look for mischief elsewhere.

Has your cat got plenty of toys? He sounds like he might be bored. Or in
need of another cat to chase round the house!

chas

Old December 20th 05, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

chas wrote:
Your cat is obviously the boss here. He seems to like the attention his
antics bring. And it must be very hard to ignore them.

Oh, I admit he is the boss. Right now I have fourteen cats and I have
had cats all my life. I also have two wolfdogs, one of whom is very
much an alpha. I'm a vet tech and work with pets everyday- and yet
this five pound kitten is the only one I can't control! I'm really
hoping that Penn will be able to help us find a way to teach him rules
because not one of my techniques is working.

Has your cat got plenty of toys? He sounds like he might be bored. Or in
need of another cat to chase round the house!

Well, it looks like petsmart vomited in this room, so I'd say he has
toys aplenty. I think the real problem is he can only be with other
cats while he is supervised. While we are all at work, he has to stay
in the room by himself. I think he goes into a kind of kitten overload
when people are around- he just doesn't know what to do with himself.
If we can just get him intergated I think alot of these behavior issues
will disappear.

Seth (and the world's only fetching blind kitten)

Old December 21st 05, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

He sounds like quite a character with lots of personality. Whilst most cats
love a fuss being made of them and to play - usually on their terms of
course - he sounds like a real 'people' cat and he just wants to be noticed
and involved in what you are doing.

Of course that does not get the chores done - but then cats are great time
wasters.

chas

Old December 22nd 05, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Suddenly, without warning, Dom exclaimed (20-Dec-05 4:28 AM):
[...]

I don't use a program - I taught Meep to stay off the keyboard when she
was a kitten - but what about something like this instead?

http://www.midnightpass.com/kitkeycovmou.html

From a quick google of 'cat keyboard cover'.

hope this helps

jmc
Old December 26th 05, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I also have some very demanding kitty's. Like Jonas, I have a couple that
like the water bottle. It's a game to them. It does get a little
aggravating at times. The vet I work for suggested mixing some vinegar in
with the water in the bottle. It worked like a charm. Now all I have to do
is have the bottle sitting where I don't want them to go and they stay away.
Maybe this will work with Jonas. Good Luck.
oups.com...