Aaaaaaaaawwwwwww

Old December 20th 05, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Aaaaaaaaawwwwwww

This morning I woke up and Gaya was curled up against my side looking all
cute and cuddly and she was purring really loudly like when she was a
kitten.. She looked up at me, stretched one paw as if to say "Would you pet
me please?" and we stayed in bed for a long time just cuddling and relaxing
together !!

It's been a while... since the dog came in a year ago Gaya has been very
moody and distant... she's finaly coming around ! Yay !

She even almost cuddled to the dog.. that might take a while.. but it's a
step in the right direction !

She can be a monster when she wants to be but she can be the sweetest little
thing too !

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

Old December 20th 05, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Willow" wrote in message
. ..
This morning I woke up and Gaya was curled up against my side looking all
cute and cuddly and she was purring really loudly like when she was a
kitten.. She looked up at me, stretched one paw as if to say "Would you
pet
me please?" and we stayed in bed for a long time just cuddling and
relaxing
together !!

It's been a while... since the dog came in a year ago Gaya has been very
moody and distant... she's finaly coming around ! Yay !

She even almost cuddled to the dog.. that might take a while.. but it's a
step in the right direction !

She can be a monster when she wants to be but she can be the sweetest
little
thing too !

It's really neat when a cat makes a big (positive) change in behaviour!

I remember Bebop and Samba fighting constantly when they were kittens as
Bebop tried to dominate Samba and she stood her ground. They were _not_ just
playing either! Samba got so stressed that she actually vomitted in the
litter box. I thought she was sick but the vet suggested keeping them apart
for a couple of days to see if that would ease her stress. It helped a lot,
although it was stressful on all concerned (humans and cats) to keep them
apart. The aggression subsided somewhat though because Bebop realized the
consequences of tormenting her. But it was still no picnic: he still gave
her a very rough time for several months.

I thought they'd never get along but then, one day, fairly suddenly it
seemed, they got through the day without a fight. Soon, they were even
grooming one another and even sleeping together. What a delight that was!
They still have 'disagreements' now and again but it's very rare that anyone
actually squeals in pain and it's very rare when they don't sleep together
for a while each day.

The relationship between my two cats and my mother's two cats were similarly
tumultuous. At first, Sam and Tiger, particularly the Tiger, who is
submissive to Sam, made Bebop and Samba miserable whenever they were at my
mom's house. Tiger would hiss at both of them and attack them whenever he
saw them; Samba and Bebop got in the habit of sleeping with one eye open on
the dining room chairs under the cover of the dining room table where they
could see trouble (Tiger) coming. But gradually, VERY gradually, things
eased and Tiger came to accept them. Recently, Sam and Tiger actually
"invited" Bebop to eat with him and Tiger. And the last time we were there,
even Samba was allowed to eat with the others. It's taken 5 years to get
that far but it is very good to see that it has finally happened!

I'm glad to hear that Gaya has finally decided to get cuddly with you!

Rhino

Old December 20th 05, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

She has always been cuddly some. She's been with me since she was 3-4 weeks
old (rescued her from the petstore, they were going to put her down because
she was too young to sell) and she's now almost 8 !!

In a few month her big "brother" (Belkira) that I had before I got her
passed away, and this big clumsy puppy moved in.. so the last year Gaya has
been very very huummmm moody... that's putting it midly.. my husband calls
it perpetual PMSing.. ;o)

I think she's coming around.. hopefully it'll last.. I've been trying very
hard to give her more attention since I realized that the dog was getting a
lot and she might feel forgotten.. it seems to work..

I love her.. really.. she's the sweetest... when she's not trying to kill
somebody ;op

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

"Rhino" wrote in message
.. .

. ..

Old December 20th 05, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Willow wrote:
and we stayed in bed for a long time

you did?

but who makes the cornmeal?

how you gonna get your cornmeal made sleeping in the shade all day?

Old December 20th 05, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Willow wrote:
Oh My God !!!!!! And I forgot all about that !!!!!!!!!!!

O-O

--
Will~

mhmm

i like to put crumbled bacon, and some cheddar in my cornmeal mix
sometimes, I put a whole can of corn in there too, and a spoonful of
sour cream.

don't forget the big black greasy cast iron skillet.

Old December 21st 05, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Willow wrote:
huh... enjoy ?

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

It seems our Lucy is finally warming up
we was getting agrrrrrrivated

Jupiter is totally opposite, she attacks me
I caught her looking at me last night, cutting her eyes at me