The best cat, ever.

Old December 24th 05, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The best cat, ever.

"Nomen Nescio" ] wrote in message

Dec.22 was the 5th anniversary of the loss of
"Fission". She was the best cat anyone could
ever hope to live with. Smart, well behaved,
affectionate, and sexy as a cat could ever be
(I often looked at her waving that beautiful tail
at me and thought "Damn, I wish I could be a
cat for a day").

I remember other posts you made about Fission, and
I remember thinking that you conveyed quite well the
flirty charms of what I call girlycats. They flirt with
men, they really do. My girlycats give the men in my life
a totally different look than they give me, and their
body language is different too. It says, "ooo, he smells
like a BOY I *like* boys, come here big fella."

P.S.--this is the place you come to when you might feel
silly elsewhere talking about your cats. We are all of us
stupid over these wonderful creatures.

PPSS--Once love is created it never goes away, not
even when the flesh does. Bet you knew that.

Old December 26th 05, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

cybercat wrote:

I remember other posts you made about Fission, and
I remember thinking that you conveyed quite well the
flirty charms of what I call girlycats. They flirt with
men, they really do. My girlycats give the men in my life
a totally different look than they give me, and their
body language is different too. It says, "ooo, he smells
like a BOY I *like* boys, come here big fella."

Our Odessa, normally a shy and elusive girl, is brazen around men, the little
hussy. Fission reminds me of her, from the description. Around my husband or any
of our guy friends, she does that little sex-kitten strut with her tail high up
in the air, and I swear she swings her little butt like a teenager in tight
designer jeans. I'm reminded of a Tom & Jerry cartoon where Tom's trying to get
on an ocean liner to score some Jerry for lunch, and is sidetracked by this
delectable fluffy white Persian with a come-hither look in her eyes, who walks
the same way, that Mae West strut. Our Stosh, on the other hand, is a ladies'
man and is all over anyone in a skirt. I'm convinced that they can tell the
genders apart somehow. Maybe they smell hormones?

P.S.--this is the place you come to when you might feel
silly elsewhere talking about your cats. We are all of us
stupid over these wonderful creatures.

Amen!

PPSS--Once love is created it never goes away, not
even when the flesh does. Bet you knew that.

When we put our Fritzie to sleep two years ago, my husband said he saw the
animals of my childhood who were long gone, and he had never seen them. Yet he
described them in such detail you'd have thought we'd been neighbors from the
cradle. We've never experienced visits from Fritzie, but we think he tells
things to our four feline masters. "Stosh, I used to swing on Mama's hair when I
was a kid. Try it; it's loads of fun." "Odessa, they miss seeing a black cat by
my old heater. Go ahead, you can use it. You'll be nice and cozy and Mama and
Daddy will feel better about me being gone with another black cat there."
"Brandy, if you wan't Mama's attention rustle some plastic shopping bags. It
drives her BATS!" "Be assertive, Roxie; don't let Mama put away the clothing, so
you can sleep in it like I used to." And they listen. I think that, when Fritzie
"retired," he got bored so the Big Boss gave him the job of Foreman to our four.
We will always love and miss him, but I've learned that the best way to honor
him is to give our love to his kindred.

Blessed be
Baha

Old January 3rd 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Native Remedies

Just like humans, domesticated animals like dogs and cats are affected by
the health hazards of modern living.
Native Remedies at
http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/.../t.asp?id=2807