Kami Expresses her Annoyance

Old January 5th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Kami Expresses her Annoyance

In article ,
says...
I dropped Kami off at the vet this morning so she could get a check-up,
have blood tests, and wait for the carpet at home to be cleaned. When
I went to pick her up, I waited an incredibly long time and we joked
about the fight to put her in the carrier.

Then, one of the techs came out and said, "You know how monkeys at the
zoo throw their poop at people? She just threw some at Mike." Then
another tech came out laughing and said Mike was changing his scrubs.
Then Mike came out and the others were laughing. He said, "Yeah,
funny." He told me he was going to get Kami and she threw a pawful of
poop at him and then she rolled in it. He wanted to know if I wanted
her poopy or if he should give her a bath. I asked for the bath
because the carpets at home had just been cleaned.

Ten minutes later I was delivered a wet rat that vaguely resembled
Kami... and it was growling. I said thank you and turned the carrier
around so the rest could see and said, "This is the face of revenge."

Poor Kami! She'll just never learn she can't win against a vet tech.

Now that is funny. Kami found out not to mess with humans.

But here's the interesting part. A cat will tolerate getting wet if it
means getting to something that it wants. For example, my eldest cat
will actually step into a running shower in order to lap up the stream
of water, even though he gets soaking wet.

Exit procedure from the shower indicates I dry off first, then get
another towel and dry off bright boy.
Old January 5th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Tony P. writes:

But here's the interesting part. A cat will tolerate getting wet if it
means getting to something that it wants.

My first cat was the best cat evar. He once wanted to be near me so
badly that he hopped into the bathtub with me while I was bathing and
sat down. He looked so confused, he was definitely thinking, "Why the
hell do humans DO this?", but he stayed there until I got out.

Stacia