Lost and Found

Old January 8th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Lost and Found

About two weeks ago, my 8 month old kitty got loose outside for the first
time. We searched and searched and he was no where to be found. Just the
other day, a neighbor told us he was under their car and there he was. We
brought him inside and everything seemed back to normal. The next morning I
noticed that his voice was much deeper and allmost strained. He also started
to drool when I was petting him which he had never done before. Never being
affectionate before, he couldn't get enough attention. I looked it up on the
internet and these I guess are all possible signs of rabies. Though he had
his first rabies shot about two months ago, I was worried and took him to the
vet. He said the chance that he had rabies was slight and he seemed to be
fine. The thing is ever since he's come home he doesn't seem like his old
self. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or if I really should be
worried. Could this all be caused by the trauma of being lost outside? or
is there something deeper I should be worried about? Any Advice?
Thanks for reading
Hannah
Old January 8th 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Hannah wrote:
About two weeks ago, my 8 month old kitty got loose outside for the first
time. We searched and searched and he was no where to be found. Just the

....of being lost outside? or
is there something deeper I should be worried about? Any Advice?
Thanks for reading
Hannah

i think the horseness came from cold air
the affection came from hunger

nothing like a little pain to give one a revelation

Best to you's!

Old January 8th 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Well im glad she got found!

I know you're relieved

she be alright, she was parched and dry
she was affectionate because she was glad to see ya's

Best to ya's

Old January 8th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Hannah" u17392@uwe wrote in message news:5a087f28dddb7@uwe...
About two weeks ago, my 8 month old kitty got loose outside for the first
time. The next morning I
noticed that his voice was much deeper and allmost strained. He also

started
to drool when I was petting him which he had never done before. Never

being
affectionate before, he couldn't get enough attention.

These are also signs that he scored a little trim while he was out.

Old January 8th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Has he been neutered?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old January 8th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Hannah wrote:
[...]

Yes He's Been neutured. I'm now really worried about his health. He's begun
sneezing and his eyes look almost runny. And though he'll eat like nobodies
buisness, he doesn't seem to want to drink. Any ideas About what I should do.
I've allready taken him to the vet, Should I go again? Any Help?

Old January 8th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

What kind of food do you feed him, wet or dry? If it's canned or pouch, he
is probably getting enough water thru the food, and doesn't need to drink
much water. When you clean the litter box does the urine amount seem normal?

--
Paul O.
My sig line is my disclaimer to any advice given

Absolutely clueless when it comes to cats
Learning more every day, but still clueless

Old January 8th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

oh i gotta hear this one...

Old January 8th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I'd take him to the vet again. Sounds like he may have an upper respiratory
infection which would not be unusual considering he was outside for a length
of time. Have him checked by your vet again.