Couple a Cat With Buttered Bread And All You'll Get is Hair in Your Brekky.

Old February 15th 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Couple a Cat With Buttered Bread And All You'll Get is Hair in Your Brekky.

Hey Everyone!

The title of this blog says it all. Fleas gets a lot'a crazy questions
to his inbox, and this week's Housecat Wisdom features one of the many.
You can probably guess what it's about, but why not take a peek and
see for a certainty. If nothing else, it's a cute read, and there's
always a picture of my feline Einstein.

Cheers,
Azy!

"There are also some who may allow you to lay hold of them for their
own personal amusement. It's usually the British Shorthairs, as they're
more laid back by nature. (Not to mention they have a warped sense of
humour.)"~~ Mr. Fleez

www.housecatwisdom.blogspot.com

Old February 15th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

My single first worse experience with a feline....(it was Speedy Joe)
led me to conclude the first rule of being a cat slave was:

Never leave a kitten unsupervised in the same room as spaghetti
bolognese

I don't think I ever got all the sauce of the walls (Speedy Joe made
his own arrangements concerning the sauce on himself)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 16th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mine was when his nibs was a youngster. I'd made boiled egg and toast.
Went to take a phone call, when I returned said toast had been licked
clean of butter, egg had all been eaten out of shell and shell was now
in several pieces, the largest being used as a football across the
freshly vacuumed carpet!

Old February 16th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Couple a Cat With Buttered Bread And All You'll Get is Hair in...

A friend's cat made a jump for the countertop when friend's back was
turned to get a baking pan for the cake she was mixing up. Cat landed in
mixing bowl, bowl, cat and cake batter went flying. Cat ended up in the
bedroom on the bed so did some of the batter that accompanied cat, the
carpet of the bedroom also sported batter, so did the living room carpet
and the the hallway carpet. The kitchen was covered in cake batter
including the ceiling. No cake was made that day and the rest of the day
was spent cleaning uncooked cake from just about everywhere. p

Old February 16th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

P C wrote:

A friend's cat made a jump for the countertop when friend's back was
turned to get a baking pan for the cake she was mixing up. Cat landed in
mixing bowl, bowl, cat and cake batter went flying. Cat ended up in the
bedroom on the bed so did some of the batter that accompanied cat, the
carpet of the bedroom also sported batter, so did the living room carpet
and the the hallway carpet. The kitchen was covered in cake batter
including the ceiling. No cake was made that day and the rest of the day
was spent cleaning uncooked cake from just about everywhere. p

What a bummer of a day! Lucky for that cat that it's cute...

Joyce
Old February 16th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

P C wrote:
A friend's cat made a jump for the countertop when friend's back was
turned to get a baking pan for the cake she was mixing up. Cat landed
in mixing bowl, bowl, cat and cake batter went flying. Cat ended up
in the bedroom on the bed so did some of the batter that accompanied
cat, the carpet of the bedroom also sported batter, so did the living
room carpet and the the hallway carpet. The kitchen was covered in
cake batter including the ceiling. No cake was made that day and the
rest of the day was spent cleaning uncooked cake from just about
everywhere. p

I would have just let the cake batter dry, and then scaped (or brushed) it
off the surfaces

Old February 17th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Since we're on the topic of worst moggy moments, I guess mine would be
when Mr. Fleas decided that it'd be a good idea to nose around in a
paper bag filled with beech nuts. His head became ensnared by the
handle of the bag, and he went flying around the basement like a cat
out'a hell. It literally sounded as if someone had knocked over a
shelf of terracotta pots, which then dominoed into a row of nearby
sibling shelves.

After he rocketed up the basement steps, spreading beech nuts and dirt
all over the living room, he dove back to the basement, and, without
touching a single step on his way, smashed himself into the breeze
block wall. He had a bulging side, a bloody nose, a lump on his head,
and every one of his toe nails were broken and bleeding. It was an
horrific nightmare. Fortunately, his wounds were basically
superficial, and he healed quickly. On the down side, it instilled in
him /no/ fear of paper bags; not even the handled variety. Needless to
say, we don't keep them in the house anymore.

Old February 17th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-02-16 21:47:49 -0600, "Azy" said:

[...]

abject horror This happened to Sugar with a plastic grocery sack
once, only she was not injured. How HORRIBLE!! I never ever set bags on
the floor again after that, not even for a moment. (That time I was
putting away groceries and it was less than a minute on the floor when
it happened. However, she was terrified of sacks for a long time.)

Old February 17th 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Fleas finally wedged himself under the sofa in the basement, which
isn't an easy feat for a 13 pound cat. The ring stayed wrapped about
his neck, but the part that was chasing him tore off on his way under,
so he was content to sit there and calm down. I removed him from
beneath the sofa and then took the handle off him. At that point I
think I was more traumatised than he was, as five minutes later he
wanted to go hobbling off to the basement again! I thought, 'you nut!'
It must'a been like the morbid curiosity to return to a house in which
you'd suffered abuse. There's no reason to go back there, but for some
reason, it draws you. Nevertheless, he's fine now, and we no longer
keep those sorts of sacks in the house.

Cheers,
Azy!
"There are also some who may allow you to lay hold of them for their
own personal amusement. It's usually the British Shorthairs, as they're

more laid back by nature. (Not to mention they have a warped sense of
humour.)"~~ Mr. Fleez

www.housecatwisdom.blogspot.com

P.S. Look at Mr. Fleas' new yahoo 360 site! It's loaded with pictures,
and even has some cat poetry! ::grin::
http://uk.profiles.yahoo.com/mistah_fleas