Old February 27th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I have had my cat declawed when he was 6 months old, along with having
him 'fixed'. My mother with her cat as well. I have never had any
behavioral problems with my cat due to these procedures. I don't think
declawing is any more inhumane than the amputating of dog tails and
clipping of ears on bulldogs. What is the point of that? We
domesticated cats for our pets. By confining a cat to your home for
your personal enjoyment, sets the stage for adaptation. Humans by
nature feel compelled to control asepcts of their life that they are
able. By declawing cats, it controls the damage that can be done to
your furniture etc.The mere arrogance humans own to confine animals in
our home as pets defies logic itself. So it is difficult to say
declawing is inhumne when the practice of pets is the inhumane part.
I'm not trying to be a hypocrit for saying this because I have a cat,
but I also understand the need for adaptation so that we can co-exist.
My cat is 6 years old and I can't imagine life without him. I can tell
that he feels the same about me, so I don't think that declawing him
has changed his feelings or attitude towards me or life in my home.

Old February 27th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Some of us take pets off of the street and give them shelter.
Conversely, you are taking the "practice of pets" to an extreme when
you declaw a cat.

Declawing a cat is like removing the fingers and toes of a human
being. In fact, claws are an essential part of a cat.

.... for play
.... for exercise
.... for communication
.... for self-defense
.... for hunting

Removing their claws is not adaptation, it's amputation. Instead,
there are ways to cope.

If you don't notice behavioral problems, you probably don't care
enough to see them. But a man sees what he wants to see and
disregards the rest.

Old February 27th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Good lord tonight must be a real good night. I am even agreeing with John
Doe

Well said John

Old February 27th 06, 08:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

John Doe wrote:
Some of us take pets off of the street and give them shelter.
Conversely, you are taking the "practice of pets" to an extreme when
you declaw a cat.

jackass

Old February 27th 06, 11:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Declawing should be illegal

Name shifting troll

See also:
hamandcheese betweentheknees.com
"Magic Mood Jeep©" buttercupstickysweet yahoo.com
"-L." bigbadbarry adelphia.net
"a christmas tree"
"abRokeNegRo"
"bag-o-switches"
"bigbadbarry"
"biggerbadderbarry"
"black-ip"
"chickenwing"
"coffeedog"
"Jean Dolt"
"Jew"
"John Doe"
"johndoeisadick"
"Levon"
"LPF"
"Mr Tibbs"
"NMR"
"Patches"
"piano wire"
"Prozack"
"Rescue"
"Resistance"
"Shalom"
"Switch"
"Systemrecovery"
"Themselves"
"wannabe"
"watermelon"
"whitershadeofpale"
"yo"

From: "Systemrecovery" bigbadbarry adelphia.net
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Declawing should be illegal
Date: 27 Feb 2006 01:57:19 -0800

John Doe wrote:
Some of us take pets off of the street and give them shelter.
Conversely, you are taking the "practice of pets" to an extreme when
you declaw a cat.

Declawing a cat is like removing the fingers and toes of a human
being. In fact, claws are an essential part of a cat.

... for play
... for exercise
... for communication
... for self-defense
... for hunting

Removing their claws is not adaptation, it's amputation. Instead,
there are ways to cope.

If you don't notice behavioral problems, you probably don't care
enough to see them. But a man sees what he wants to see and
disregards the rest.

well that wasn't very nice of me (calling you a jackass...it just flew
off my fingers!)
Sorry...force of habit
im watching you man! you make one wrong move and splat!

Just kidding! I always am

i know some very tenderhearted people who have declawed their cats and
think nothing of it...
and have no intention of discussing it...

i think no less of them either - it's none of my business

but hell no, I wouldn't do it for nothing
i think it should be outlawed
It will be illegal soon...you watch...
it's a cruel practice

Old February 27th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"John Doe" wrote in message Name shifting troll
[...]

ROFL; he just never learned to follow through and
finish constructing his fake nicks & addys!! NMR I
congrat you for admitting wise counsel of John D.
John D. I always knew you had something better
to say than "troll" to state the obvious.
There is no excuse for declawing; none. I just lurk briefly here; too much
testosterone, but
this cracked me up.

Old February 27th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"toad" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Your post is inflammatory, and you well know it. You must enjoy
being landed on with all 4 feet by those who disagree with your
attitude toward declawing. You display false logic with rationalizations
like protecting your furniture. Do you have a $3500 custom-made
sleepsofa from Ethan Allen? I do, and there is not one claw mark
or scratch on it, as I diligently clip all claws, as well as have multiple
thick "throws" on said sofa. Go blow off somewhere else. Declawing
is *not* "adapting".