Scottie left today 2/28

Old February 28th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Scottie left today 2/28

I had him put to sleep this afternoon. He had an esophageal stricture
meaning the opening was very narrow. The vet felt it was probably
cancer but we won't ever know because I opted to not send the specimen
to the pathologist. There is really nothing that could have been done
other than to insert a permanent feeding tube in his side and feed him
thru that. He would never be able to eat again, through his mouth.
What kind of life would that be for a cat? Plus if it was cancer, it
would only get worse and it had, in fact, continually gotten worse over
the last few weeks since he could originally eat wet food but could not
do so any longer. He would even gag on his own saliva several times a
day and there wouldn't be anything to prevent that. Those choking and
gagging episodes were awful to watch. So he didn't quite make it to
9...a pretty short run for a cat but at least he had a home since he
started out as a little feral stray. And he was a pretty happy cat,
played a lot, loved Abbey. The euthanasia part never bothers me all
that much, I am glad to be able to be with them. It's the time leading
up to it when you are torn with indecision that is the hardest for me.
So the worst is over (for me) and I think he's up there with Emily,
Cory, Miles. and all the stray outdoor kitties we have had since living
here and I hope he's eating a nice, big meal again.

Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
miss my orange kitty.

Candace

See my cats, including Scottie:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Old February 28th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Ah Candace, I'm so sorry to hear that! Please know I'm thinking about you,
we're sending purrs and purr-ayers to hopefully help heal your broken heart
and I'll light a candle tonight to help light Scottie's way to the bridge.

{{{{{{{{{{Candace}}}}}}}}}}

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

ups.com...

Old February 28th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

{{{{Candace}}}} I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs,
Lauren

Old February 28th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Candace" wrote in message
ups.com...
I had him put to sleep this afternoon.

Oh, God, Candace, I am so sorry. I'm in tears for you and Tony, and sweet
Scottie. You have been wonderful, your instincts were right from the start,
but you gave him every chance and gave Tony the chance to make sure it was
the right time to let go. You saved Scottie a lot of suffering, and there
comes a time in some lives when that is the greatest gift you can give.
Still, I am so sorry you lost him so young.

Old February 28th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I am so sorry for your lost Candace. You shall see Scottie again

Something to remember and keep in your heart

"Always remember We will be there even if you can't see us.We are always
Watching and Waiting. That cool puff of air youfeel across your cheek, that
fleeting touch, the feeling you have that I was walking across your bed,
that moment you swear you can hear us, that flicker of movement out of the
corner of your eye. Is just our way of saying I love you and I am with you
always even in the darkest time We Will Always Be There. Till our paws
touch again always know we love you and cherished our special time together"

Purrs and Huggs,
Matthew
shedding tears for your loss

ups.com...

Old February 28th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Candace, thanks for taking such good care of Scottie and
ultimately minimizing his suffering. I looked at the photos.
He is one gorgeous fellow. Take good care.

"Candace" wrote

Old February 28th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I am so sorry to hear about Scottie. Being the catmom of an orange kitty, I
know how special they are. And having just lost one of my own kitties about
a month ago, I understand what you went through trying to decide if it's
"time." You and Scottie are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue

ups.com...

Old February 28th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Candace wrote:
[...]

Oh Candace, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and Tony.
hugs,
-L.

Old February 28th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 28 Feb 2006 14:50:43 -0800, "Candace" wrote:

Thank you for your concern. He was a very good and handsome boy.
There's something about an orange cat; it's such an unlikely color for
a cat when you think about it and his orange was very orange. I'll
miss my orange kitty.

I'm sorry to hear this, Candace. I can also see why you are glad it
is resolved, with your mother to think about.

These animals tend to be short-lived, so we just have to make the most
of every day we got 'em.

I just looked at your pictures, and it's pretty obvious that cats are
at the center of your life.

Charlie
Old February 28th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Very sorry for your loss... hang onto the memories.