Cat Puke

Old March 7th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat Puke

Yes, my cat is a puker! We have mixed breed long haired male cat that
was nuetered as a kitten. We got him as a kitten and now that he is 2
years old he seems to be puking a lot. We haven't changed his food or
anything. The puke doesn't have hair in it. It just looks like the
food but moistened. Sometimes the puke is just yellow and runny. I
don't want to take him to the vet over this because other than the puke
he is perfectly healthly. He is up to date on all his shots, active,
and not loosing any weight. Does anyone have any suggestions as to
what we can do to help?? I am tired of cleaning up cat puke!! We are
currently feeding him Purina Cat Chow (the indoor cat formula). Should
we try changing his food?? Any suggestions are freely welcomed.

Old March 7th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

It's more than likely hair balls but he should have a checkup at the vets to
rule out anything else. My cat Squeekers was the same way and puking up
food quite a bit. I took him to have him checked and my vet found a tumor
on the back of his tongue. What I thought was simply hairballs could have
been devastating if I didn't have him checked. Luckily it was a birth
defect and not malignant. The biopsy showed the tissue was actually thyroid
tissue and not a cancerous tumor but all the same it was causing him to gag
and then he would throw up.

He still pukes some but now we know it's because of hairballs and his heart
murmer. Since then I have changed his food, give him hair ball stuff weekly
and we run the AC in one room of the house for him all summer long now.

It's better safe than sorry I feel. I would take him in for a check up to
be sure if it were me.

Celeste

oups.com...

Old March 8th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Rachel" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes, my cat is a puker! We have mixed breed long haired male cat that
was nuetered as a kitten. We got him as a kitten and now that he is 2
years old he seems to be puking a lot. We haven't changed his food or
anything. The puke doesn't have hair in it. It just looks like the
food but moistened. Sometimes the puke is just yellow and runny. I
don't want to take him to the vet over this because other than the puke
he is perfectly healthly. He is up to date on all his shots, active,
and not loosing any weight. Does anyone have any suggestions as to
what we can do to help?? I am tired of cleaning up cat puke!! We are
currently feeding him Purina Cat Chow (the indoor cat formula). Should
we try changing his food?? Any suggestions are freely welcomed.

My cat Otto will often puke up his food for several days before working up
to a full hairball. Then the hairballs keep coming for a few more days.
Since your cat is long haired, it could very well be that he's working on a
hairball.

On another note, my cat Tiger (who is not a big puker) did puke up her
dinner tonight. Then she proceeded to LICK IT BACK UP off the floor!
Completely grossed me out. She might be working on a hairball too.

--
Liz