Grieving Kitties 2

Old March 24th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Grieving Kitties 2

First, I want to thank everyone for their kind words of sympathy.
They were much appreciated. My step-daughter, Sylvia, is also a cat
person and is the one who persuaded my wife and I to adopt.

She and my step-son and his wife came to help me with the things that
you need help with at such a time.

Callie and Coie, so-named by the shelter people because of their
coloring traits, I suppose, hid under the beds the first day the kids
were here. Callie hid under the front bedroom bed and Coie hid in the
master bedroom.

Coie finally ambled out by the end of the first day and Callie got
acquainted on the evening of the second day. The kids went home
Saturday afternoon after the memorial service.

Coie started something 'funny' on Sunday morning. My wife and I got
up every weekday at 4:30 and would take our time easing into
consciousness before I had to leave for work.

On Sunday morning, and every morning since, Coie comes over and nudges
me with her nose until I finally get out of bed. I wonder if she
tried to get my wife up the same way and is now afraid I won't get up?

I've gone off from the house on several errands through Wednesday
evening and always find both of them hiding under the front bedroom
bed. They will come out after I've been home awhile.

I went back to work today. Coie woke me up this morning and I lay
there thinking that I couldn't stand to stay home any longer. I came
home for lunch and stayed with them for an hour and a half before
going back to work. They were both under the front bedroom bed again.

When I came home this afternoon, they were both lying in the chairs in
my home office in front of the computer; I'll take that as an
improvement and repeat tomorrow.

I figured that a cat-sitter wouldn't have done any good because they
would just have hidden from them like they did with the kids.

Sometime soon I'm going to try my hand at making a web site so I can
post some pictures of my wife and the kitties. I'll keep you
up-to-date on that.

Thanks again for your kind words.

I will begin signing as,

Callie & Coie's Dad

John Hinson
Old March 24th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Thank you for the update John. Glad the kitties are adjusting. You
are correct, a cat sitter wouldn't help. The kitties will adjust to
this eventually. Just give them time.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Old March 24th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

[...]

That is so nice to hear that they're coming around, looks like Coie is
worried about you and is keeping an eye out for you. Looking forward to
seeing your pictures, making the website can be therapeutic for you but don't
feel any need to rush, all in due time, all in due time.

NanCe

Old March 24th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Sunday morning, and every morning since, Coie comes over and nudges
me with her nose until I finally get out of bed. I wonder if she
tried to get my wife up the same way and is now afraid I won't get up?

I've gone off from the house on several errands through Wednesday
evening and always find both of them hiding under the front bedroom
bed. They will come out after I've been home awhile.

I went back to work today. Coie woke me up this morning and I lay

You definitely did the right thing by not getting the sitter; sounds like
they wouldn't have liked it too much. Glad to hear things are coming along
with them, Sounds like they are looking after you as well as you look after
them.