don't forget give your cat some grass

Old April 13th 06, 11:53 PM posted to cakewalk.audio,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default don't forget give your cat some grass

Freight Train Jones wrote:

oh sorry bout that...(i accidently poasted into the genius forum)
it was a mistake posting this here...
so now I cross post it...
--
I've been going outside and getting the tops of the new tender grass
and putting it along side the cat food...

Jupiter, my 5 month old, loves it!... she chomps it like a horse
she doesn't throw it up either...I also have one more cat, a 7 yr old
tabby... she doesn't eat any grass...

If I didn't have any grass in the yard, I would grow some inside
where they could get it at will.

Old April 14th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Freight Train Jones" wrote in message
oups.com...

Freight Train Jones wrote:

oh sorry bout that...(i accidently poasted into the genius forum)
it was a mistake posting this here...
so now I cross post it...
--
I've been going outside and getting the tops of the new tender grass
and putting it along side the cat food...

Jupiter, my 5 month old, loves it!... she chomps it like a horse
she doesn't throw it up either...I also have one more cat, a 7 yr old
tabby... she doesn't eat any grass...

If I didn't have any grass in the yard, I would grow some inside
where they could get it at will.

The only reservation I would have about yard grass is,
is anyone spraying anything weird out there? Especially
if you rent--do you know what your landlord is putting on the
grass, if anything?

I know you love your babies, so thought it was worth bringing
up.

There are scary nerve agents in lots of sprays.

You can grow it inside, a kind that is especially for cats:

http://tinyurl.com/lclhl

But you probably already know this.

Old April 14th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"cybercat" writes:
[...]

I'd worry a bit about parasites left over from some previous
critter using the lawn too.

Jack munches on wheat grass, not a lot but some. Wierd cat.
Old April 14th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Don Taylor" wrote :
I'd worry a bit about parasites left over from some previous
critter using the lawn too.

I hadn't thought of that, good point.

Jack munches on wheat grass, not a lot but some. Wierd cat.

This is for rabbits and ferrets, isn't it? I saw it on the same Drs
Foster and Smith web site, I think, and I was wondering if it
would be okay for cats.

Old April 14th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

What exactly is 'cat grass' for? To give the cat vitamins they might not
get in their food? To help eliminate hairballs?

Whenever I give it to my cats, they just seem to throw up more. (This is
the kind you get from petsmart and grow yourself in a little container.) Am
I just using the wrong kind??

puzzled
-- maryjane

"cybercat" wrote in message
om...

Old April 14th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 02:47:39 GMT, wrote:

What exactly is 'cat grass' for? To give the cat vitamins they might not
get in their food? To help eliminate hairballs?

Whenever I give it to my cats, they just seem to throw up more. (This is
the kind you get from petsmart and grow yourself in a little container.) Am
I just using the wrong kind??

puzzled
-- maryjane

It takes the place of the vegetation normally found in feline prey
animals stomachs - Helps digestion ..... and if needs be , helps them
vomit as well..

http://www.black-cat-gfx.co.uk/

"A cat is only technically an animal,
being divine" - Robert Lynd