Cat Wheels

Old April 17th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat Wheels

I really want to get one of these for my cats! I would imagine if
someone was handy, they could make one, as they are pretty expensive:

http://www.bengal.us/gymcats.html

Click on Wheels in Motion on this page:

http://www.fitnesswheel.com/

Old April 17th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
oups.com...
I really want to get one of these for my cats! I would imagine if
someone was handy, they could make one, as they are pretty expensive:

http://www.bengal.us/gymcats.html

Click on Wheels in Motion on this page:

http://www.fitnesswheel.com/

What is really hilarious is how the dominant cat keeps
meowing. I love this.

Old April 18th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
oups.com...
I really want to get one of these for my cats! I would imagine if
someone was handy, they could make one, as they are pretty expensive:

http://www.bengal.us/gymcats.html

Click on Wheels in Motion on this page:

http://www.fitnesswheel.com/

Those are so cool! My cat Otto would most likely be too chicken to even go
near it but my new guy, Isaac, would probably love it. He's got lots of
energy to burn.

--
Liz

Old April 18th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I could actually see what would happen with mine All heck would break loose
one would be on it the others would try to get on it even on top of it one
would go flying and the noise they would make and of course this would be
at 4 in the morning after I have been up for over 24 hours

Old April 18th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

PawsForThought wrote:
I really want to get one of these for my cats! I would imagine if
someone was handy, they could make one, as they are pretty expensive:

http://www.bengal.us/gymcats.html

Click on Wheels in Motion on this page:

http://www.fitnesswheel.com/

I loved the video of the 3 cats trying to run in it at the same time! I
used to breed hamsters, and would have 6 just-weaned-&-moved-into-their-own
(separated by boys or girls) cage, and *all* of them would try to run in the
wheel at the same time: one would climb in behind the others, forcing the
one in the front out, that one would run to the back and wait his/her turn
to climb in and force another out - they just kept taking turns like that,
with three in the wheel at all times (the max that could *fit* into the
wheel, it was when the fourth would scramble in, that the 'leader' would pop
out), the entire time the wheel never stopped spinning.

Old April 18th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"D." wrote

What is really hilarious is how the dominant cat keeps
meowing. I love this.

That's what I kept laughing at. But his "dominance" doesn't seem to
deter the other two.

Yeah, even as I used that word I thought it didn't fit. I just
meant the one that was always "in the lead."

Old April 18th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:

What is really hilarious is how the dominant cat keeps
meowing. I love this.

I know, lol, and I liked how he jumped over one of the others too.

Old April 19th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
PawsForThought wrote:
[...]

One of my hamsters had a bunch of babies a long while back (a long while ago
when I had hamsters)
The mom would run in the wheel, when the hamsters were up and about and not
quite ready to go on their own, and she'd just run like crazy with the
babies all squished in the wheel trying to run with her... Some would get in
her way and she'd just jump right over them (or often just walk over them
like they weren't even there) and other times, they'd hang on to the inside
of the wheel and just spin around. In that case, the mom would almost time
when they'd be coming back around, hanging on to the wheel, and hop over
them.

Old April 19th 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:

That's Italian, cutie.

lol, so it is

PING: Helen Wheels jmcquown Cat anecdotes 5 April 3rd 05 12:33 AM
PING: Helen Wheels Yowie Cat anecdotes 1 January 17th 05 12:26 PM
Ping Helen Wheels badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 July 6th 04 02:44 AM
The infinite cat project badwilson Cat anecdotes 42 June 1st 04 07:13 AM
Exercise wheels? Will Marchant Cats - misc 4 February 26th 04 03:45 AM