Old People

Old May 10th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Old People

I get sick of the horrible stereotype that cats are for old ladies.
Growing up I always had both cats and dogs. Today I live in a one
bedroom apartment with my two cats Scruffy and Ruffy. My cats are
cool, they sometimes cause me grief but I take good care of them. I
also like dogs. There is no reason to like either species better, at
least at not as far as I am concerned. My cats are relatively healthy
but my one cat sometimes pees in places where he shouldn't. I have
mostly cured him of this by letting him pee in the bathtub. It is easy
to clean (all I do is run the hot water).

Old May 10th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I get sick of the horrible stereotype that cats are for old ladies.
Growing up I always had both cats and dogs. Today I live in a one
bedroom apartment with my two cats Scruffy and Ruffy. My cats are

I know lots of men who love cats. I think some men are under the (wrong)
impression that it's macho to like dogs and of course only big dogs.
Television and the media play it up too.

least at not as far as I am concerned. My cats are relatively healthy
but my one cat sometimes pees in places where he shouldn't. I have
mostly cured him of this by letting him pee in the bathtub. It is easy
to clean (all I do is run the hot water).

Did this start to happen recently? The reason I'm asking is that whenever a
cat starts to urinate outside of it's box, there may be something wrong such
as a bladder infection. Peeing elsewhere is one of the signs. If so, I
would get a urine sample taken at the vet if I were you.

Old May 10th 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"kevinth" wrote in message
oups.com...
I get sick of the horrible stereotype that cats are for old ladies.
Growing up I always had both cats and dogs. Today I live in a one
bedroom apartment with my two cats Scruffy and Ruffy. My cats are
cool, they sometimes cause me grief but I take good care of them. I
also like dogs. There is no reason to like either species better, at
least at not as far as I am concerned. My cats are relatively healthy
but my one cat sometimes pees in places where he shouldn't. I have
mostly cured him of this by letting him pee in the bathtub. It is easy
to clean (all I do is run the hot water).

If you haven't already, please have a urine test run on the cat to eliminate
a medical problem as the reason he's peeing in the bath tub. With male cat's
in particular, urinary tract problems shouldn't be let go as they could
block. A blocked cat can go downhill very quickly.

My Isabelle used to pee in the hall from time to time. It turns out she has
damaged kidneys. She has been feeling much better since going on the
prescription food. Her coat is beautiful and she has a lot more energy. She
hasn't peed outside the box since December.

Old May 10th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Cats are such cool animals -- so very complex, especially compared to
dogs, their other household pet counterparts. I love/hate the fact
they are so independent -- do you know what I mean? They love you when
then want to love you -- it makes it such a challenge.

Stan

For the most adorable Kitten Pictures
http://kitten-pictures.blogspot.com

Old May 10th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I will take both of my cats to a good veterinarian at the end of the
month for a check up.

Old May 10th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"kevinth" wrote in message
oups.com...
I will take both of my cats to a good veterinarian at the end of the
month for a check up.

Excellent.

Old May 11th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I will take both of my cats to a good veterinarian at the end of the
month for a check up.

The one who is peeing outside the box needs to go for a urinalysis right away,
not at the end of the month. If he has a bladder infection, he is in pain.
A male cat's urethra can also become blocked with crystals if a bladder
infection goes untreated for too long; once a cat is blocked, it is an
emergency situation as the cat's blood stream fills with toxins and he can
die within 24-48 hours.