The Kamikaze Kitty: 4/3/88 -- 5/9/06

Old May 10th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default The Kamikaze Kitty: 4/3/88 -- 5/9/06

Rona Y. wrote:
wrote:
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

Unsubscribe

My condolences Brandy, perhaps when you are up to it you can tell us
what happened with Kami her last few days.

-mhd

I'm guessing that won't happen. Kami had been in poor health for
sometime now, and I would bet that she had to be pts. Given how people
have reacted to Brandy's treatment of Kami in the past (I probably said
a bad word or two, as well, though I don't remember doing so), she
couldn't make such an admission without fearing verbal rebukes,
insults, or otherwise.

No one here would argue that euthanizing a sick, elderly cat was wrong.
I think all of the people here have the welfare of cats at heart.

It's such a shame, because I'm sure Brandy
really did love Kami, and it would be helpful for her to unload some of
her sorrow here.

I, too, offer my condolences to Brandy, and I hope she has the occasion
to subscribe again.

I don't understand the "unsubscribe" comment - yeah, unsubscribe since
you won't be participating any more, but why post the death notice and
then skeedaddle? If you're gonna unsubscribe, unsubscribe and just go.
Doesn't make much sense. Unless she's really lurking to read
commentary and then leaves - in that case, I would have written up more
than just a death notice. Whatever. I feel sorry that she lost Kami -
losing a friend after that many years hurts.

-L.

Old May 10th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Rona Y. wrote:
wrote:
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

[...]

I feel the same way. Most of us have had to have a sick or elderly cat
euthanized, and that is an act of love -- not something that any reasonable
person would (or should) criticize. I have had to face that heartwrenching
experience twice, and many on this group have had to do it far more often.
It is a hearbreaking decision -- but an act of love, as I said. I think we
can all feel sympathy for someone who faces that sad time.

MaryL

Old May 12th 06, 11:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"-L." wrote in message

No one here would argue that euthanizing a sick, elderly cat was wrong.
I think all of the people here have the welfare of cats at heart.

Absolutely. This is where differences end. It breaks my heart when any cat
dies.

Old May 12th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Update, sort of ( The Kamikaze Kitty: 4/3/88 -- 5/9/06)

I took it upon myself to contact Brandy via email, and give her my
condolences. She replied that she was hesitant to check the group, for fear
of getting 'blasted' by those that had blasted her in the past, but *was*
curious, but then again, with no cat, she really had no reason to stay any
longer (hence the "unsubscribe" comment).

I told her that, for the most part, people had set aside their differences
and were sending out their condolences, although there were some mentions
about the way she was treated in the past, most people thought it 'tactless'
to do so now (and I, for one, commend you *all* for that).

Then she explained to me that Kami had had yet another UTI, the vet said
that, yes, he could get her over it, but with her failing health and the
increasing frequency of the recurring UTI's, Brandy and the vet agreed that
Kami's quality of life just wouldn't be the same, and so they euthanized
her.

She misses her terribly.

She gave me permission to post this information.

NL (a lurker)

Old May 12th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Fri, 12 May 2006 09:40:35 -0400, "Nancy Lee"
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the update. If you should email her again, pass along all
the purrs being offered here.

Old May 12th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:

[...]

I've been saving these messages, with the intent to forward them to her if
she asks me to.

Old May 12th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Nancy Lee wrote:
[...]

While we may disagree on some issues, we are certainly united in our
expression of sadness over this event.

There does come a time, difficult as it may be, that a decision needs to
be made... those who are in a position to know best make that decision
and we certainly respect their judgment and share their grief over it.

Introduction #1 (long) Mischief Cat anecdotes 1 June 18th 05 05:31 AM
Picture of my kitty..... Gandalf Cat anecdotes 22 May 8th 04 04:43 PM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM
kitty vs puss Brenda Cat anecdotes 30 January 26th 04 04:28 PM
The Stray Kitty. (VERY LONG) Flippy Cat anecdotes 24 November 9th 03 09:48 PM