Good canned food?

Old May 15th 06, 07:46 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Good canned food?

Would you all be kind enough to look at these numbers:

http://www.geocities.com/jmpeerson/canfood.html

and help me select which canned foods are "good"?

I am sure many will benefit from the list.
Old May 15th 06, 06:55 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Interpret this nutritional analysis data for canned foods

Trying again with a hopefully a clearer subject line. The following
page gives nutritional analysis numbers that I don't see elsewhere for
many canned foods. Based on these which ones do you find acceptable?

http://www.geocities.com/jmpeerson/canfood.html
Old May 16th 06, 02:21 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

It really is based on your cats needs. Every cat is different. Start off
with the lowest carb count you are comfortable with (under 10 is best) and
go from there. I am feeding Evo to one of mine at the moment. it is high
in calories, so once my kitty has put on a bit more (recent weight loss) I
am probably going to switch again.

If you want the best food for your kitty, look into a raw diet. You'll know
exactly what he is eating, and you won't have to worry about the fillers
that some companies use (garlic, tomatoes - from the nightshade family and
in excess are toxic to cats) I know.. gross and icky, but surprisingly it
is a lot easier to do than I thought.

Old May 16th 06, 04:43 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

What kind of raw foods would you feed? Would that be all you feed them?
And do you need to give them a taurine supplement, or just feed them dry
super premiums at the same time so they get it.
Ebony is 12 now, so I'm not sure if it would bother her stomach or not to
give raw food. Shes never had raw.
I know its a lot of questions, but shes getting older and I am worried about
kidney issues now and want to give her the best to prevent it.
Do you know of a reliable online site that has instructions on how to go
about feeding raw and how much?
thanks!
Char