Help....odd litter box problem

Old May 25th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Help....odd litter box problem

Please Help! I'm having litter box problems with my kitty.

She has suddenly decided that she absolutely will not use the litter
box more than once unless it's cleaned.

When the box is cleaned, she'll use it. After that, she will go on the
mat in front of the box until I clean the box again. I watched her do
this and she pokes her head in the box and gets a disgusted look on her
face. I think she's grossed out by the "used" litter.

I clean it twice a day, but I can't follow her around the house
24-hours/day to cleanup after her. She tends to spray the edges of the
box, so I can't get one of those self-cleaning boxes. I've tried
several different boxes and nothing has worked. I could do multiple
boxes, but then how many do I have to have?

She didn't used to do this. She was sick recently and that's when it
started. However, she's all well now and I can't break her of the
habit.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Old May 25th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Tricky. Is the litter deep enough for her to dig and cover? I assume the box
is large enough for her to be able to manouver in it. Is the litter the
clumping sort? If it isn't she may get her paws wet/dirty when using it and
not like that. Have you changed litter brand? Does it give off a scent when
used (perfume, that is) that maybe she does not like? Or have you changed
her diet, maybe she does not recognise the smell of her own output?
Different foods make output smell differently to put it delicately!

sandra

Old May 25th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

dm wrote:

I watched her do this and she pokes her
head in the box and gets a disgusted
look on her face.

I don't blame her! It sounds like you have a covered box. Many cats
don't like the covers because they concentrate the odors. I would
suggest that you remove the cover and get a second box. That way it
will be more likely she will find a "clean" box.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old May 25th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

dm wrote:
Please Help! I'm having litter box problems with my kitty.

my first thought was that you spoiled her
my second thought after reading mikes post was

we flush after we go, I think this is what the cat wants

i mean it's obvious, she wants a tidy bowl just like we do

now my cats? they bury **** with ****...
the little one does anyway

the big one, she pop a cork bout every 2 days
she don't care, she's scared to death to **** up around her

fraid she might get her leg broken again, poor thing

I had a customer who had a auto litter cleaner thingy

after the cats leaves it sweeps and dumps it into a small plastic bag
no foolin!

sounds like about 43 dollars new or so for such a device
or maybe 63 dollars... I don't plan on buying one

i better not catch one of mine crapping in the floor, they know Ill
drop kick them

Now Jupiter has taken to peeing in the bathtub

NO FOOLIN'

I've never seen her do it, but I see little muddy prints up to the rear
of the tub
I have an old claw tub, I see a little light pee streak going down the
length of the tub

I just hit it with a splash of bleach and the shower massage
I don't care! uses less scoop away

when I don't clean the litter for 2 days, the same one craps in the
tub..
yep!

I clean it the same way, bleach and shower massage.

I praise her for it, it's one step away from the toilet

funny thing.. she watches me (they are always watching me) she watches
me handle my business.... I have litter prints on the toilet seat...

she is trying to get this bathroom thing down I tell ya...

It wouldn't surprise me if I heard the toilet flush in the middle of
the night

Old May 25th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

---MIKE--- wrote:
dm wrote:

I watched her do this and she pokes her
head in the box and gets a disgusted
look on her face.

I don't blame her! It sounds like you have a covered box. Many cats
don't like the covers because they concentrate the odors. I would
suggest that you remove the cover and get a second box. That way it
will be more likely she will find a "clean" box.

I don't like people... they concentrate odors. :-D
Old May 26th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

****wod

Old May 26th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

yes it is a contradiction

jupiter used to play in the outhouse

but anymore. she will crap in the tub..

like I say, I don't care, it's to easy to spray it down the drain...
super clean with bleach

I like the idea that she likes porcelain she's just one step closer to
knowing

Old May 26th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"BulletProof" wrote in message
oups.com...
yes it is a contradiction

jupiter used to play in the outhouse

but anymore. she will crap in the tub..

like I say, I don't care, it's to easy to spray it down the drain...
super clean with bleach

I like the idea that she likes porcelain she's just one step closer to
knowing

Scoop every day, at least once a day and she will go in the box.

Old May 26th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:

Scoop every day, at least once a day and she will go in the box.

just not true seeing that you feed them like gov't mules