Cat Urnation

Old May 27th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat Urnation

I have two female cats who are about four months apart in age. They are both
really well behaved and we really don't have any issues. However, in
December of 2005 the oldest Isabel my husband and I assume was angry with us
because she was in the process of urinating on our blankets while we were
sleeping. When we woke up and caught her in the process she stared him right
in the eye and finished and then got off the bed. We researched and
evaluated our behavior and thought that maybe we were not supplying enough
attention. We had just gotten our other female around this time.

Now, this morning while my husband was getting ready for work and I was
sleeping she urinated on a new chair. Now we have had this chair for about
two weeks and the only ones in the household who use the chair are myself and
Isabel.

I think it maybe another outburst of anger or possibly because she thought
the litter box was too dirty, des anyone else have any ideas?
Old May 27th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Delicious B." u22331@uwe wrote :

I think it maybe another outburst of anger or possibly because she thought
the litter box was too dirty, des anyone else have any ideas?

If there is even a question about the box, keep it cleaner. You don't want
to get into a "****ing match" with a cat, pardon the pun. The cat always
wins. That said, we have a cat who has actually jumped on the bed and
peed on my husband when he upset her. He had been shooing her down
off the bed because he was washing his bedding, and continued to do so
until he got under the covers to go to sleep. Whereupon babygirl hopped
up on the fresh, clean duvet and peed all over it, with him under it.

I took her to the vet the next day, and he told me what I am telling you
now. We kept the box cleaner and avoided ****ing her off, and she was
fine--until we relapsed and then she peed on the rug.

Important: use an enzymatic cleaner to get the pee smell out, once cats
start this they don't want to stop due to the scent. The chair now
smells like "toilet" to the cat. I sue one called Kids n Pets, it is the
best we have tried, and easy to use, too. Good luck. This is a dismaying
problem.

P.S. what has changed that might be upsetting her? Are you giving her
enough attention? Petting and play?

Old May 27th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

These links might help you.
http://www.fabcats.org/spraying.html

Housesoiling . A very thorough article by behaviourist
http://www.apbc.org.uk/article10.htm

--
Alison
http://catinfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

Old May 30th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

If she's not angry - maybe she has a bladder infection, trying to get
yoru attention and it's more comfortable to try to pee on something
soft like a blanket if she's in pain.