reusable cat litter

Old May 28th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default reusable cat litter

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there has used 'washable' cat litter.The idea
is that it is used in a special filter tray. It does not absorb anything,
just gives the cat digging material! The solids stay on top and are scooped
away as usual, but the urine flows down into a container underneath to be
flushed and rinsed.

sandra

Old May 28th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

sandra wrote:
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there has used 'washable' cat litter.The idea
is that it is used in a special filter tray. It does not absorb anything,
just gives the cat digging material! The solids stay on top and are scooped
away as usual, but the urine flows down into a container underneath to be
flushed and rinsed.

sandra

urine is what uses up all the scoop away
so this sound like an interesting idea

maybe the digging material masks the urine smell

would be cool if the system was installed over it's own sewer drain
then just scoop out the solids, and rinse off any urine stained digging
material

so instead of training them to go on the toilet, just bring the sewer
drain to the litter tray...

hmmm, maybe I could market you ideas why didn't I think of this

Old May 28th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

BulletProof wrote:

so instead of training them to go on the toilet, just bring the sewer
drain to the litter tray...

hmmm, maybe I could market you ideas why didn't I think of this

someone already did, and went out of business:
http://www.litterbox-central.com/for...topic.php?t=54
Old May 28th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Sewto" wrote in message
someone already did, and went out of business:
http://www.litterbox-central.com/for...topic.php?t=54

And if you read the reviews on epinions you'll know why!

--
Toni
http://www.irish-wolfhounds.com

Old May 28th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Toni wrote:

"Sewto" wrote in message
someone already did, and went out of business:
http://www.litterbox-central.com/for...topic.php?t=54

And if you read the reviews on epinions you'll know why!

it appears it was reworked and renamed:
http://www.catgenie.com/