Loss of Fur due to scratching

Old May 29th 06, 07:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Loss of Fur due to scratching

Whoever answered my question, thank you. What I do need to know is this. Is
the human form of Chlortremeton safe for cats. And why would she develop an
allergic reaction to cat food. We have 4 cats and they all eat the same food
and we have had them for almost 2 years. No problems till now with her.

Old May 29th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Whoever answered my question, thank you. What I do need to know is this.

Is
the human form of Chlortremeton safe for cats. And why would she develop

an
allergic reaction to cat food. We have 4 cats and they all eat the same

food
and we have had them for almost 2 years. No problems till now with her.

My vet prescribed Chlortrimeton for my cat, who has allergies and asthma,
at 2 mgs every 12 hours. Yes it is the "human form" and as far as I know,
there is no other kind. However, Gail is right--you should not give your
cat anything without consulting a vet. A checkup will run you maybe $40.
Spring for it. Your question about allergies does not make sense. Are you
assuming creatures are born with them or never have them? You could
wake up tomorrow allergic to your cats, dust, mold, and any food in the
house. Another thing, Gerri--we are most of us on budgets. However,
there are things we cannot do without. Medical care is one. You took
on four cats, and cats need regular vet care. I know you don't WANT
to spend it, but it is necessary. And if you are feeding them **** cat
food, expect problems. Do a bit of research, and get them the best
you can afford, if you love them.

Old May 29th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

THanks. Where I live the Vets charge about 70 to 80 dollars just to see the
animal. that doesn't incude the price of the medicine. The one I went to is
about 15 miles. I am trying to see if there is something over the counter I
can give her

Old May 29th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

THanks. Where I live the Vets charge about 70 to 80 dollars just to see

the
animal. that doesn't incude the price of the medicine. The one I went to

is
about 15 miles. I am trying to see if there is something over the counter

can give her

Well it is not safe. She needs to see a vet. Treating her when she has not
been diagnosed is dangerous. I have never heard of ANY vet that charged
that much for a simple checkup. Even if they do, your cat needs vet care.
One visit for a diagnosis of the skin problem is not going to break you.
I would rather spend the money I spend on the vet on myself, too, but
I love my cats and recognize that they are helpless and depend upon me.

Old June 2nd 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In 60f618242458d@uwe, on 05/29/06
at 06:15 AM, "gerri via CatKB.com" u22349@uwe said:

Whoever answered my question, thank you. What I do need to know is this.
Is the human form of Chlortremeton safe for cats. And why would she

That's what our vet is having us use. But get the generic version - it
can be cut in half, and that's what she told us to give the cat, half a
pill.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

Old June 2nd 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote in message
.net...
In 60f618242458d@uwe, on 05/29/06
at 06:15 AM, "gerri via CatKB.com" u22349@uwe said:

Whoever answered my question, thank you. What I do need to know is this.
Is the human form of Chlortremeton safe for cats. And why would she

That's what our vet is having us use. But get the generic version - it
can be cut in half, and that's what she told us to give the cat, half a
pill.

Or, more specifically, 2 miligrams. (1/2 a 4 mg pill.) I also use the
generic. It does make them even sleepier.