leases for cats?

Old June 2nd 06, 01:29 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats

Default leases for cats?

My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do people
think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont let the
cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat out.

Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?
Old June 2nd 06, 01:32 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats

If the cat has never been outside it will be a major shock the leash
alone will be a shock it will take a while for the cat to even get used to
the leash

Is there a reason that they want to take the cat out

If the cat is an inside cat there is no reason to take it out if they want
him to have some air or something like that they make windows units where
the cat can sit in the window and get to smell the outside.

Old June 2nd 06, 01:59 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats

bge wrote:
My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do people
think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont let the
cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat out.

Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?

I'd never consider leasing a cat... seems rather unusual.

Old June 2nd 06, 02:18 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats

"bge" wrote in message
My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do people
think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont let the
cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat out.

Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?

Mine just has a month-to-month, and we let me go where he wants.

Old June 2nd 06, 02:29 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
bge wrote:
My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do people
think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont let the
cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat out.

Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?

I'd never consider leasing a cat... seems rather unusual.

With San Francisco rents what they are.....

Kris

Old June 2nd 06, 03:06 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats

Joe Canuck wrote:
bge wrote:

My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do
people think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont
let the cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat
out.

Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?

I'd never consider leasing a cat... seems rather unusual.

I suspect this was intended for the alt.flea newsgroup.....

Wild Monkshood

Old June 2nd 06, 05:16 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:59:33 -0400, Joe Canuck
wrote:

bge wrote:
My brother has an indoor cat and lives in san francisco. What do people
think about letting the cat outside with a lease on? They dont let the
cat out at all and this seems like a good idea to get the cat out.

Anyone here take their cats out for walks with a lease?

I'd never consider leasing a cat... seems rather unusual.

This way you don't pay the depreciation associated with cat ownership.
However, it is only economical if you get a new cat every year. If
you tend to keep your cats for years then you are better off just
buying one.