Happy Birthday, Holly -- 11 years old

Old June 4th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Happy Birthday, Holly -- 11 years old

My beautiful Holly is 11 years old! It's hard to believe that so many years
have passed since I adopted her. Her name is a shortened version of "Holiday
Cat" because I adopted her between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
(actually, the day after Thanksgiving in 1995). At that time, I knew she had
been born in early June, so I adopted June 1 as her "official" birthday. I
had to miss her special day this year because I was on vacation with my
sister. sniff But, at least, I only missed it by a couple of days. My
sister drove back to my home with me, and we arrived this afternoon after
being "on the road" for 3 days. We ran into major storms one afternoon, but
the rest was good traveling. Weather in East Texas right now is
*gorgeous* -- absolutely perfect. We visited Mother at the nursing home,
went to the office to check my mail, and took a nice walk. Holly and Duffy
get excellent care while I am gone, but I missed them every day. I have a
wonderful pet sitter -- she even vacuumed and weeded my garden while I was
gone! Both of my cats were all over me as soon as I walked in the door, and
I now have two little shadows who follow me all around the house (just as
they did in previous years).

Holly, my birthday girl, is gorgeous, healthy, active and greatly loved. At
age 11, she supposedly has entered her "senior" years, but she looks and
acts like a youngster. I am looking forward to many, many more years with
her.

Portrait of Holly:
http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL464.../127799804.jpg
Holly's photo album:
http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

MaryL

Old June 4th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

MaryL wrote:
[...]

Happy Birthday Holly! She does look much younger. She is such a
beautiful cat.

Sherry

Old June 4th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Happy Purrsday to Holly.

I also adopted Rusty in 1995. The adoption date was June 17 and Rusty was
1 year old then. His exact birth date is not known, so we marked our
anniversary day as his purrsday. So Rusty is also a purrsday boy this month
He is 12 years old and a senior cat.

Winnie

Old June 4th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Old June 4th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 23:05:19 -0500, MaryL wrote:

[...]

Happy Birthday to Holly yes she is beautiful. My TuTu turned 9 sometime
this spring, I celebrate her birthday on April lst and she is acting
like a senior cat. She no longer plays, but loves to watch me try to get
her to play. Best wishes. MLB

Old June 4th 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

MaryL wrote:
My beautiful Holly is 11 years old!

Hoppy Purrday to one beautiful catlady!

Old June 4th 06, 09:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

MaryL wrote:
[...]

WHEEW...!! OH-BOY...!! FAN-****ING-TASTIC...!! HAPPY B-DAY HOLY...!!
ALL-RRRRRIGHT..!! HATS-OFF...!! SUPER-DUPER-FREEKIN'-KOOL...!!
EXQUISITELY DONE..!! THIS IS JUST TOOOOO ****ING MUCH..!! OKAY..!!
ALRIGHT..!! FANTASTIC ACHIEVEMENT HOLY..!! GREAT, GREAT, GREAT...!!
ELEVEN CHEERS FOR HOLY THE KAT (AND ONE TO GROW ON)...!!

LOL...!!

So what..? Who really gives a rat'z azz...? You and you alone, that's
who. Your friggin' kat doesn't even care. She's only concerned about
whether her food bowl is full and her litter box is there. If you were
the size of a mouse, Holy would EAT you, MaryL. Do you realize this?
How silly you look making such a big boisterous deal over something so
insignificant. All you do when you put on such a display is alert every
person who reads it to your staggeringly low maturity level. You might
not be the size of a mouse physically, MaryL.. But you are emotionally.
Mentally, too..

IBen

Old June 4th 06, 10:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

MaryL wrote:
[...]

Happy purrday, Holly. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)