My cat tries to hump me

Old June 10th 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default My cat tries to hump me

How do I keep my neutered cat (yes, he's neutered), from trying to hump me.

He must still have enough testosterone from organs other than his testes
(which are really gone, I've checked!) to make him horny and he tries to
hump me.

I can't spray him because the spray bottle isn't always handy when he starts
this. My vet said they can do some kind of retraining, but it costs
megabucks.

This is a pretty annoying feature of an otherwise perfect, affectionate cat.
Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks,
-Jeff

Old June 10th 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Jeff Schwarz" wrote in message
How do I keep my neutered cat (yes, he's neutered), from trying to hump
me.

He must still have enough testosterone from organs other than his testes
(which are really gone, I've checked!) to make him horny and he tries to
hump me.

I can't spray him because the spray bottle isn't always handy when he
starts this. My vet said they can do some kind of retraining, but it costs
megabucks.

This is a pretty annoying feature of an otherwise perfect, affectionate
cat. Any ideas how to fix it?

Redirect him to a pillow or a big toy, like the FatCat toys.

Don't punish him for a natural instinct. He just loves you and only has that
little cat brain to make the necessary distinctions.

Old June 10th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Jeff

It isn't because of his hormones. This is the way a cat shows
dominance. He is telling you that HE is in control of you. You need
to tell him NO and put him on the floor when this happens. Be
consistant and he will get the hint.

Old June 10th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I am just telling you what my Vet said.

kurupt wrote:
Buddy wrote:
Jeff

It isn't because of his hormones. This is the way a cat shows
dominance. He is telling you that HE is in control of you. You need
to tell him NO and put him on the floor when this happens. Be
consistant and he will get the hint.

no animal including humans the human species would hump anything unless
it was horny

bologna makes animals horny, or at least it makes women horny

name me one animal that humps to prove dominance

I think you're thinking about when an animal will pen another down, and
the submissive one will roll onto thier back and say uncle

Old June 10th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Buddy wrote:
I am just telling you what my Vet said.

Wasn't it Niche who said that God is dead and faith has made him a
fool?
I mean, somebody said it, it must be true right

I don't think i've ever heard that mating is a means to dominance,
although a partner may submit after the fact - like when an
unsuspecting young man gets pussy whipped

he would sell all he owns for one more episode, and though you give him
many gifts, he will not be satisfied until he has one more taste

you never hear about a horse raping another horse, lol

there are some sickos out there who... may think they dominate by sex

at this point, I think it's safe to say that humans may use sex to
dominate

and while animals may louwar another by scent and body language
(begging)
I believe the instinct there is to propogate the species... although
the end result may be control... I don't think they started out to
control, they were driven by the instinct to multiply

with humans, the desire of the woman is towards the man, and that's not
neccessarily about sex.

Old June 13th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Male neuters hump/suckle each other

Occassional my (alpha) male-neuter humps the second (beta)
male-neuter. Chewy mounts Ambush and holds on to him at the back of
the neck just like the regular couples do. It doesn't seem to bother
Ambush as he will remain calm and still until Chewy finishes.

Often Ambush suckles Chewy and Chewy doesn't seem to mind. If it
awakens him, Chewy may get up and walk away, otherwise he will awaken
briefly and go back to his nap. I think Ambush was taken from his
litter too early because he used to "suckles" on my arm when he was
younger.

I wonder sometimes if I don't have 2 gay cats.

--
~2¢Worth~

"Don't take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive."

"Jeff Schwarz" wrote in
message ...

Old June 13th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:18:28 -0400, ~2¢Worth~ wrote:

Occassional my (alpha) male-neuter humps the second (beta)
male-neuter. Chewy mounts Ambush and holds on to him at the back of
the neck just like the regular couples do. It doesn't seem to bother
Ambush as he will remain calm and still until Chewy finishes.

Often Ambush suckles Chewy and Chewy doesn't seem to mind. If it
awakens him, Chewy may get up and walk away, otherwise he will awaken
briefly and go back to his nap. I think Ambush was taken from his
litter too early because he used to "suckles" on my arm when he was
younger.

I wonder sometimes if I don't have 2 gay cats.

Nah. They were just weaned too early.
Old June 13th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

~2¢Worth~ wrote:

Occassional my (alpha) male-neuter humps the second (beta)
male-neuter. Chewy mounts Ambush and holds on to him at the back of
the neck just like the regular couples do. It doesn't seem to bother
Ambush as he will remain calm and still until Chewy finishes.

Often Ambush suckles Chewy and Chewy doesn't seem to mind. If it
awakens him, Chewy may get up and walk away, otherwise he will awaken
briefly and go back to his nap. I think Ambush was taken from his
litter too early because he used to "suckles" on my arm when he was
younger.

I wonder sometimes if I don't have 2 gay cats.

Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)

Old June 13th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

P No Gree G O wrote:

Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)

I think I see your point

seeing that you have taken this occasion to infect us with your belief,
here's mine

you say
" Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)"

I say

"There is something wrong when two males hump/suckle each other"