Is this strange behavior?

Old June 20th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Is this strange behavior?

Well - this is probably a strange post!

Last night, a cat walked up to my husband and the both of them meowed
to each other in play. Since then, this cat has literally "marked" each
one of us (mom,dad, & kids including objects in our home w/ cheek
kisses), exposed his belly to us on several occassions, and paws at us
and the floor (breastfeeding motion - forgot what that's called.).

He has not left. Asked all the neighbors - nobody knows where this cat
came from.

And he isn't even interested in or frightened by the strange sounds in
this house yet he has NEVER been here before! I can't tell his age, but
I would equate him to a young teen? pre-teen? The little dude acts as
if this is his home!

Isn't this highly unusual?? Why is this strange cat claiming all of us
and making motions that jog his memory of breastfeeding (mom)?? Why
isn't he slightly afraid of the noises in the house? He doesn't even
seem curious about the rooms in the house - he just wants to hang out
with us in the living room!

If this is normal - PLEASE let me know so I can stop all these
far-fetched theories that this little guy is a reincarnate or
something!

Looking forward to your explanation(s).

Old June 20th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

DocuMaker wrote:
!

Looking forward to your explanation(s).

I think you got a good cat on your hands

Sounds like he's been raised indoors.

I think it's great! You thinking about putting up flyers?

probably wandered far from home and is hungry as hell

Old June 20th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"DocuMaker" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well - this is probably a strange post!

Last night, a cat walked up to my husband and the both of them meowed
to each other in play. Since then, this cat has literally "marked" each
one of us (mom,dad, & kids including objects in our home w/ cheek
kisses), exposed his belly to us on several occassions, and paws at us
and the floor (breastfeeding motion - forgot what that's called.).

Kneading.

Isn't this highly unusual?? Why is this strange cat claiming all of us
and making motions that jog his memory of breastfeeding (mom)?? Why
isn't he slightly afraid of the noises in the house? He doesn't even
seem curious about the rooms in the house - he just wants to hang out
with us in the living room!

If this is normal - PLEASE let me know so I can stop all these
far-fetched theories that this little guy is a reincarnate or
something!

It's normal. By exposing his belly, he's showing that he trusts you. Rubbing
his scent onto objects (people included) is also quite normal.

Old June 20th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

The kitten is happy to be with you. He will make a good pet. Make sure he is
seen by a vet and neutered so he does not spray in the house. His behavior
is normal!!
Gail
oups.com...

Old June 20th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Barb wrote:
Normal behavior. Could even be paranormal. I read in an article where this
woman had her neighbor's cat constantly coming over to hang out with her.
Eventually the neighbor gave her the cat since it was obvious that the cat
preferred her. Suddenly, one day, the cat began pawing at one of her
breasts whenever she lay down. Something made her decide to get a physical
and early breast cancer was detected in that same breast! The cat may have
saved her life.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

I'd like to think my kitties saved me, too! Because I am allergic to
them (Dudley in particular) I go to the allergist to try to get the best
system down for allergy management. (I'm currently a few months into
shots). Anyway, as some of you know, it was last year's visit to the
allergist and subsequent exam in his office that led to the discovery of
my thyroid cancer.

Hurray for our furry friends!

Old June 20th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Kitkat" wrote :
I'd like to think my kitties saved me, too! Because I am allergic to
them (Dudley in particular) I go to the allergist to try to get the best
system down for allergy management. (I'm currently a few months into
shots). Anyway, as some of you know, it was last year's visit to the
allergist and subsequent exam in his office that led to the discovery of
my thyroid cancer.

That is so cool. Here's hoping for a clean bill of health for you this
go round.

Old June 20th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Well I certainly would like to thank everyone for the input!! We are
going to put forth more effort to find his owners (posters, classified
ads) mostly because I am concerned for my own mental health.

I lost one of my children to a horrible tragedy and I'm apparently
trying to convince myself that this cat has the soul of my lost child
returned. sigh

Gotta go cry now.

Thanks again. :'-)

Old June 20th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"DocuMaker" wrote in message
ups.com...

I lost one of my children to a horrible tragedy and I'm apparently
trying to convince myself that this cat has the soul of my lost child
returned. sigh

Should you not be able to find the owners, there are worse things than
keeping the cat.
Such as not keeping him and wishing forevermore that you had.

Sometimes animals enter our lives just at the right time...
Maybe he showed up for a reason?
Stranger things have happened.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/rules.htm

Old June 20th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

DocuMaker wrote:
Well I certainly would like to thank everyone for the input!! We are
going to put forth more effort to find his owners (posters, classified
ads) mostly because I am concerned for my own mental health.

I lost one of my children to a horrible tragedy and I'm apparently
trying to convince myself that this cat has the soul of my lost child
returned. sigh

Gotta go cry now.

Thanks again. :'-)

I don;t think that's so crazy. Cats choose us for a reason. If this
one brings you closer to the memory of your lost child, where's the
harm? I hope you keep him -- he'd be lucky to have someone so
sensitive caring for him.