Ping Phil I need some help

Old June 22nd 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Ping Phil I need some help

Phil I was just told that Rumble is Diabetic. This is the furball that is
epileptic. I need some information of feline diabetes I figure you go the
best resources that you can tell me where to look.

His Glucose was 437. I have to go in next week and learn how to give him
insulin 2 times a day

Good news is we are going to try and start weaning him off the Diazepam
since he has been seizure free for 3 years he is the one that is allergic to
Phenobarbital

Old June 22nd 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

:
: His Glucose was 437. I have to go in next week and learn how to give him
: insulin 2 times a day
:
: Good news is we are going to try and start weaning him off the Diazepam
: since he has been seizure free for 3 years he is the one that is allergic to
: Phenobarbital

Not Phil, juts chiming in...I guess you already know about such url's
as below but for everyone who doesn't:

http://felinediabetes.com

http://www.vetinfo.com/cdiabetes.html

Old June 22nd 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Matthew wrote:
Thank you

What would you like to know buddy?

Ask away

your poast is kind of general...

maybe you just want some general information...

I guess diabetes happen and is quite manageable

What have you done different so far? wean from the seizure med?

Why would you do that, because of a conflict with the diabetes med?

Old June 22nd 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"zigzag-man" wrote in message
ups.com...

Matthew wrote:
Thank you

What would you like to know buddy?

Ask away

your poast is kind of general...

maybe you just want some general information...

At least what to expect

I guess diabetes happen and is quite manageable

What have you done different so far? wean from the seizure med?

Just found out today that he is diabetic

Why would you do that, because of a conflict with the diabetes med?

No not that ( not that I know of ) Diazepam is very damaging to kidneys and
the liver in felines. Rumble has been seizure free for 3 years being on
this medication cuts his life expectancy in half. I want him around for a
while plus with diabetes being damaging to the kidneys and other organs I
want to cut out all other factors if possible.

I want my furball to be with me for many long years to come

Old June 25th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Matthew" wrote in message
news
Phil I was just told that Rumble is Diabetic. This is the furball that is
epileptic. I need some information of feline diabetes I figure you go the
best resources that you can tell me where to look.

His Glucose was 437. I have to go in next week and learn how to give him
insulin 2 times a day

Good news is we are going to try and start weaning him off the Diazepam
since he has been seizure free for 3 years he is the one that is allergic
Phenobarbital

Hiya Matthew,

Sorry for not replying sooner-- been very busy. I'll go into more detail a
little later.

You might want to try feeding Rumble a very low carbohydrate food. I've had
some pretty good luck with Fancy Feast Tuna & Oceanfish Feast in Aspic with
diabetic cats- I was even able to wean a few off insulin completely with
this food.

Keep the faith,

Phil