Video posted in alt.binaries.pictures.animals

Old June 30th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

Default Video posted in alt.binaries.pictures.animals

Poor Dogma. He wants his ball, but there's a problem...

Charlie
Old July 2nd 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bit-o-honey

Mr get high man

Old July 2nd 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On 1 Jul 2006 23:40:42 -0700, "bit-o-honey"
wrote:

Mr get high man

I haven't been lately. But, autumn may bring a renewed interest.

BTW, I took an inventory of my desktop systems today and photographed
them:

http://www.geocities.com/wilkes_char...collection.htm

I got inspired when some guy posted a link to computer inside a frame
made of PVC pipe, with a fan that could have come from Pratt &
Whitney. It's in the homebuilt group.

Charlie.

Old July 2nd 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bit-o-honey

-
wrote:

Mr get high man

I haven't been lately. But, autumn may bring a renewed interest.

BTW, I took an inventory of my desktop systems today and photographed
them:

http://www.geocities.com/wilkes_char...collection.htm

haha! Looks good, I don't blame ya, I wouldn't toss them either

Any of your computers would make an excellent computer to have lots of
computing fun.. I bet the least of them would play a DVD movie. So
walah! one could have a dedicated DVD player... put the right video
card in it, send that digital video signal to a projector and walah!
you have a home theatre...

could also install this free, GNU Radio - The GNU Software Radio

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/

build a ham shack from any of those computers... broadcast on the FM or
AM dial... your antenna (which is hooked to the pci radio card) would
tell how far the broadcast goes... but with a very little antenna...
you could at least cover your neighborhood... I think an antenna is
maximized when the antenna length is multiplier of the broadcast
frequency (something like that, there is a simple math formula)

put up a tower size antenna go city wide! play good old soul funk
music, and you could charge people to advertise goods and services on
your station...

please don't try this at home without first getting your ham license
through the FCC
I think you have to know Morse code in order to get a ham license,
otherwise men in suits may come to your house

Our military uses handheld SDR's in the field (Software driven radios,
just like gnu radio)
These are handheld field radios, in tactical combat, messages
broadcasted are encrypted with software, then can only be de-crypted by
people on the same team

I see how you put alot of importance on the cooling system

Old July 3rd 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On 2 Jul 2006 05:56:58 -0700, "bit-o-honey"
wrote:

-
wrote:

Mr get high man

I haven't been lately. But, autumn may bring a renewed interest.

BTW, I took an inventory of my desktop systems today and photographed
them:

http://www.geocities.com/wilkes_char...collection.htm

haha! Looks good, I don't blame ya, I wouldn't toss them either

To me it's like tossing out my nuts. True, I have no use for them,
but I can't bring myself to do it... and maybe someday things will
change. Wishful thinking is the province of the geek, right?

Any of your computers would make an excellent computer to have lots of
computing fun.. I bet the least of them would play a DVD movie. So
walah! one could have a dedicated DVD player... put the right video
card in it, send that digital video signal to a projector and walah!
you have a home theatre...

could also install this free, GNU Radio - The GNU Software Radio

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/

This is the problem with junk machines. One has to invent projects.
In fact, I do want a media box, and that takes care of one. I also
need something with real DOS, so that's another machine with a job.
But, I can only use so many computers.

I am hoping some broke kid will come along wanting a cheap game
machine, because "glamor box" makes the cut as is, and would really
fly with a beefier graphics card, like the 128mb 9800 pro on my
system.

[...]

I should probably do more for my "glamor box," because it is
overclocked. I usually clock up to a blue screen and then back off a
notch, but with that one, I just stopped when I got to 140x13 vs.
133x12, and it's still rock-solid on Fedora 3 as well as win2k. I
also bumped up the AGP frequency/voltage, which I wouldn't do on a
system that cost me money, but I got rid of some minor artifacts. I
was amazed at how smoothly the Quake 4 demo played on a 64mb card and
a system that the publisher says is well below minimum spec. Nvidia
cards are powerful... if they work at all.

I ran a screensaver that is about like the ATI tool carpet-cube, and
nothing got too hot, so I guess I'm ok.

But, enough about my cats. How are yours?

Charlie
Old July 3rd 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bit-o-honey

Charlie Wilkes wrote:

But, enough about my cats. How are yours?

Charlie

getting nice and plump even in this heat, they don't like the ac very
much, but we all know meat keeps better in the fridge, they seem to
like 80 deg over 65 in here at night.

i don't let them outside, there's no pen for them yet.. I've toyed with
the idea of putting body harness on them, and tie them to the front
porch, then again, that might be crappy if a dog comes around