Older Cat with a lot of new symptoms

Old July 1st 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rachel

Default Older Cat with a lot of new symptoms

Well my baby went to the vet today. I was such a baby, I kept breaking
down and crying. I tried to be strong for my boy but failed miserably.

The vet was very kind and once made aware of my financial status kept
costs as low as possible. You'ld be proud though I insisted on paying
for the full blood tests. He also received some shots to help his
arthritis and help him actually pass a bowel movement. When they took
him in the back to take the blood the entire hospital could hear him
howling! haha. As soon as we, my husband and I, got him home he ate,
laid down in his favorite spot and purred. He's been responsive and
meowing at us as well just to let us know he's there and content.

I'll be getting the blood test results back Monday night. Hopefully,
the medicine he received will make him comfortable until we can make
further educated decisions. I'm not getting my hopes up, I realize we
will probably have to eventually put him down but at least I know I
will have done all in my power and will be able to make an educated
decision after the results come back. For now he seems content and
happy and that's all that matters to me!

Thank you all for your support! I'll let you know what the results
say.

-Rachel

Old July 2nd 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wayne Boatwright

Oh pshaw, on Sat 01 Jul 2006 01:32:54p, Rachel meant to say...

Well my baby went to the vet today. I was such a baby, I kept breaking
down and crying. I tried to be strong for my boy but failed miserably.

Rachel, I think you did well. And I wish you and your baby boy all the very
best.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Old July 2nd 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Rachel wrote:

I'll be getting the blood test results back Monday night. Hopefully,
the medicine he received will make him comfortable until we can make
further educated decisions. I'm not getting my hopes up, I realize we
will probably have to eventually put him down but at least I know I
will have done all in my power and will be able to make an educated
decision after the results come back. For now he seems content and
happy and that's all that matters to me!

Glad to hear that he is feeling better. Did the vet have any ideas for
what it might be? Did they seem to be hopeful? I know this is going to
be a tough weekend for you. I hate waiting for bloodwork results. And
I've been there with Maynard. We knew it was his liver. We just didn't
know for sure if it was an infection of it it was actual liver failure.

I know it is stressful waiting, but take the opportunity to love him
up. If he's eating, give him special treats.

Old July 3rd 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rachel

I've been crying all weekend. My poor husband tries so hard to cheer
me up but to no avail. Wilson, my cat, has just really made a turn for
the worst. His back legs hurt him and don't work. He's totally
unstable and although he seems alert and fully aware of everything
around him he also seems incredibly miserable and uncomfortable. he
doesn't eat much if anything anymore. I've decided that I'm going to
put him down after work tomorrow. I'll wait for the results of course
but I'm not holding my breathe at all.

I hate to see my love suffering. I've told him that I want him to go
if he doesn't feel good but he just looks at me and meows sadly. It's
killing me, I'm almost looking forward to tomorrow night just so he'll
find peace again. It's so hard to let go but harder to watch them
suffer and not be able to help. I've spent the last two nights
sleeping on the floor with him because I think the unstable bed hurts
him and he refuses to stay. I'll let you guys know what actually
happens but at this point I just want to help him move on for both of
us.

I have pictures of my baby on my myspace if any of you are interested.
He's a very handsome boy!

http://www.myspace.com/rachelsaks

Old July 4th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

My fears were realized today, the vet called and said that Wilson had
kidney failure and the best and only thing I could really do was put
him down. I made an appointment after work today and had the vet give
him the shot in the car while he sat in his little bed at my feet and I
held his paw, pet him, and told him that I loved him about 10 billion
times. I tried my best to keep my composure.

It wasn't as smooth as I hoped it would have been. He seemd scared
once the effects of the shot started to hit him and he tried to throw
up. It also took about 10 minutes or more for him to pass. I got rid
of all his things before I took him in so I wouldn't be reminded of the
loss of my baby. However, that's inevitable because the entire house
reminds me of him.

R.I.P. Wilson July 18, 1997 - July 3, 2006

He's been by my side as long as I can remember. I will miss him
terribley! I've lost my sweet companion who has been through it all
with me and I will love him forever!

Old July 4th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

I'm so sorry. It's hard to lose a wonderful friend that's been with you
such a long time. It's so hard to let go. You did the best thing for him.
Hugs, Bonnie

Old July 4th 06, 10:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wayne Boatwright

Oh pshaw, on Mon 03 Jul 2006 05:31:39p, meant to say...

My fears were realized today, the vet called and said that Wilson had
kidney failure and the best and only thing I could really do was put
him down.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to lose a loving
companion and friend of so many years. I have lost two cats to kidney
failure. It still hurts.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬