cat suddenly paralyzed

Old July 9th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default cat suddenly paralyzed

Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to. Does
any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what we can do?

Old July 9th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

I Forgot to add. She has pooped once and peed atleast 2 times, she can
kinda move her front legs and tail, but nothing ellse below her neck.

Old July 9th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

WE ARE NOT VETS OUT HERE YOU CAT NEEDS EMERGENCY CARE NOW
FIND THE MONEY AND STOP WASTING TIME HERE IN THE NEWSGROUP AND TAKE HER TO
THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL TODAY

Old July 9th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

She MUST see a vet. Your cat is in PAIN and no one here can diagnose what is
wrong. Please call the vet to see if you can make payments or beg or borrow
the money. Let us know.....
Gail
oups.com...

Old July 9th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elle

Too many possibilities exist here--she could have eaten a
poison; has a failing internal organ; had a stroke; other.

I do think there can be no doubt that your cat is suffering.

Please take her to a vet and at least get a diagnosis. If
treatment is too expensive, do the humane thing and
euthanize her to put her out of her agony. Watching your cat
die in pain is likely to stay with you for a very long time.

wrote

Old July 9th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elle

P.S. From a presentation at a vet's office recently, I
learned that cats and other animals disguise their pain for
as long as possible by instinct, because to appear to be in
distress puts them at the risk of predators.

If your cat is now showing pain or disability, you should
understand it is severe.

Old July 9th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

Your cat really needs to be seen NOW! This is a true emergency. No one can
diagnose this on a news group. I know it can be expensive but you owe it to
your cat. Even if she may not seem to be in pain, she's got to be in
distress. Imagine how you'd feel if you couldn't move. Please do the right
thing and take her to see the vet. By the way, just heat stroke can and will
kill. Early treatment is vital.

Bonnie

oups.com...

Old July 9th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

WE ARE NOT VETS OUT HERE YOU CAT NEEDS EMERGENCY CARE NOW
FIND THE MONEY AND STOP WASTING TIME HERE IN THE NEWSGROUPS AND TAKE HER
THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL TODAY
oups.com...

Old July 9th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Popsie's Mom

Hi, sorry about your cat. It is scarey when we have a pet that is not
acting like themselves and we can't just up and spend $200 at a vet.
Popsie reacts to the heat even in airconditioning here in Florida. If
it gets boiling hot outside the air doesn't quite cut it inside and
sometimes she looks dazed and acts "stupid" like she wants to talk to
us or do something but can't. She may lay down and sleep for hours and
hours. THEN, like a lightbulb going off in our heads, particularly if
we are sweating we take her to the bathtub and soak her down real good
and just blot her dry. BINGO, next thing we know, she's back to
Popsie. We DO realize she COULD have a seizure disorder, or diabetes
or whatever, but for now, if a quick rinse-off snaps her back - we are
happy. Sometimes she has been utterly LIMP and OUT OF IT - and this
works. It's a suggestion??? Hope and pray your baby is doing great
next report. God bless you. Gail Lynn

Old July 9th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Popsie's Mom

Sorry, I did not realize the extent of your cat's paralysis. However, I
do understand when the cash is not at hand. I went online and found
this:

PaLC: Emergency InformationPets 911 is a free National Public Referral
Service, searchable by zip code (including animal ... If you need
emergency animal care or control services, ...
www.palc.org/emergencyinfo.html

Maybe they can work with you. God bless you. Gail Lynn Batton