3 years and black still there

Old July 17th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default 3 years and black still there

3 years ago my cat stepped into some blacktop, that cold junk you put
on driveways to keep them ugly and black but no cracks.

so i called some vets and they said it would wear off.

it's been 3 years and the stuff is still there on mostly 2 paws. it's
just ever so slightly less black and just a tiny bit of pink showing
through.

i can't think of any solution that would work. the vets can't think of
anything that would work and not have serious consequences possibly.

i have tried orange power, gojo, alcohol, spray and shout, lanolin,
nail files to abraid gently the paws but nothing seems to work. on
myself, the alcohol worked fine to get rid of blacktop but not on the
kitty. she snuck out while a neighbor was blacktopping the driveway.
well, ran between my hands as i went to grab her. too quick for me
unfortunately.

Old July 17th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

I'm sure it is no longer a threat to her (in terms of toxicity). I would
just let it be......
Gail
oups.com...

Old July 17th 06, 11:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Niel Humphreys

wrote in message
oups.com...
3 years ago my cat stepped into some blacktop, that cold junk you put
on driveways to keep them ugly and black but no cracks.

so i called some vets and they said it would wear off.

it's been 3 years and the stuff is still there on mostly 2 paws. it's
just ever so slightly less black and just a tiny bit of pink showing
through.

i can't think of any solution that would work. the vets can't think of
anything that would work and not have serious consequences possibly.

i have tried orange power, gojo, alcohol, spray and shout, lanolin,
nail files to abraid gently the paws but nothing seems to work. on
myself, the alcohol worked fine to get rid of blacktop but not on the
kitty. she snuck out while a neighbor was blacktopping the driveway.
well, ran between my hands as i went to grab her. too quick for me
unfortunately.

My Q got a blob of it on his nose after being too curious when he was about
3 years old. It was still there when he passed away at age 15. Nothing to
worry about.
--

Niel H

Old July 18th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Niel Humphreys wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Thanks for your messages. Cats really absorb this stuff like a tattoo.
Why did he pass away at the tender age of 15? Renal failure?

Old July 18th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Niel Humphreys

wrote in message
oups.com...
Niel Humphreys wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I don't know, he was just curled up in the bottom of 'his' wardrobe one
morning after seeming a healthy as pie. Guess it was his time to go.
--

Niel H