Please help our listless and vomiting cat.

Old July 26th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Helen

Default Please help our listless and vomiting cat.

Hello,

Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
healthy and
active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea,
and then for the past week, he has been throwing up a brown liquid.
Most troubling, he is not eating at all. He is rapidly becoming bony,
and is very depressed and listless - just curling up in a corner, not
moving when food is put out, or when my daughter moves toward him
(normally he would leap out of the way!). He is drinking a little,
though, thankfully. And I'm not sure if this is significant, but he
has stopped hard-pooping.

What we are suspecting is that he ate some styrofoam padding we had in
the basement
recently...we see big chunks of it missing; however, it's not turning
up in
the vomit or his discharge. (?) Perhaps Luxor is not the brightest
kitty, but we really love him, and wonder what we can do to get him to
eat again, and to feel happy again.

Thank you for any feedback. We'd like to hear if there's anything we
can do at home, because we can't afford vet bills right now. Please
respond A.S.A.P.!

Helen

Reply »

Old July 26th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Helen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
healthy and
active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea

What the **** is wrong with you?

Bite the bullet, skimp on the fast food and take your cat to the vet.

Asshole.

Old July 26th 06, 08:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
eliz

cybercat wrote:
"Helen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
healthy and
active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea

What the **** is wrong with you?

Bite the bullet, skimp on the fast food and take your cat to the vet.

Asshole.

I'm italian and I had always had cats at home. I put there out of my
house and they always stay in wealth but I give to them not food of the
supermarket but the rest of the food of our people

Old July 26th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

Well you don't have to do anything. Give it a few more days and you'll just
have to dig the hole in the backyard to bury him.

Get the cat to the vet NOW! By waiting you are making matters worse. He's
likely to develop hepatic lipidosis from not eating on top of whatever the
initial problem was.

If it was your child with these symptoms you wouldn't be posting on a
newsgroup asking if he needed to go to the doctor now would you?

Old July 26th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"Helen" wrote:

[...]

Sell your computer instead of asking stupid questions on it, and then
use the money to pay the vet.

-mhd
Old July 26th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

cybercat wrote:
"Helen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
healthy and
active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea

What the **** is wrong with you?

Bite the bullet, skimp on the fast food and take your cat to the vet.

Asshole.

I can't see the original posts that this ****wad posted on either of
the 2 threads she started...at least not through Google. She must be
trying to delete them. But this is for her, the ****ing moron OP:

Your cat probably has a blockage and he will definitely die without
veterinary help. He is not going to pass styrofoam on his own. It is
your fault the cat ate styrofoam and now you are denying him medical
care. He is suffering greatly. Why don't ****wads like you understand
that animals feel pain exactly the way humans do? Would you like to be
barfing up brown liquid? That brown liquid is probably liquid poo,
stupid, since he can't pass it normally. Would you like to have
regurgitated poo coming up your throat? I sincerely hope you do
someday.

Take the cat to a humane society, explain what a moron and bad pet
owner you are, and they will euthanize him and put him out of his
misery for nothing so that you don't have to spend any money. Then
take your daughter out for a nice lunch on the money you saved and
explain to her what a ****ing cretin you are and how you were
responsible for the life of an innocent animal and let him eat
styrofoam and get blocked and did ****ING NOTHING for him. I'm sure
she will respect you for it and grow up to be just like you.

Either get the cat to a vet right away and charge the vet bill or steal
some money to pay for it or prostitute your ugly self or something!!!!!
Otherwise, get him to the humane society or a kind vet who will put
him out of his misery for nothing. You are a despicable piece of human
waste. I hope something real icky happens to you.

Candace

Old July 26th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

eliz wrote:

I'm italian and I had always had cats at home. I put there out of my
house and they always stay in wealth but I give to them not food of the
supermarket but the rest of the food of our people

Your cats eat Italian food? Like Garfield eating lasagna? That's
nice. Guess what? Cats need taurine which is in cat food specially
formulated for *cats.* Eating food meant for humans is not fulfilling
their dietary needs. You're not doing them any favor feeding them
mostaccioli or whatever.

Candace

Old July 26th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Willie

Holy Christ, you people are not doing animals any favours by being
abusive and spewing
vitriol at this poster. Some of you at least offered possible causes
for this cat's sickness, and other just launched personal attacks and
insults without knowing the whole story.
It's understandable you want to encourage the person to take the cat to
the vet. You can say so firmly and with conviction WITHOUT resorting
to ugly name calling. Save that for someone who can't even be arsed to
ASK FOR HELP ON A CAT FORUM, instead just kicking the poor thing til it
dies. You people are so judgemental of people and their problems, you
think that it's okay to be cruel (and you are being excessively cruel)
to someone who (within a quick period of time) has sought advice in the
right place. Perhaps after any home remedies failed, she or he would
have taken the cat to the emergency clinic, or given him away. What do
you people do when your vet is away or sick, or you live very far from
one? Just sit there and not seek any alternative help?

Come on, don't make yourselves ugly and make animal rights activists
look like some foul-mouthed *******s.

Old July 27th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Candace" wrote in message
ups.com...
cybercat wrote:
"Helen" wrote in message
[...]

I love you, Candace.

Old July 27th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

Willie wrote:
[...]

Oh, please, "within a quick period of time"? The cat has been sick for
over a week, barfing up ****, laying in the corner, listless, and she
knows that he probably ate styrofoam? It doesn't take a rocket
scientist to figure out that styrofoam is not digestible. She even
assumes that. The syrofoam is sitting in the cat's intestines,
blocking it, it can't eat or crap, and something will probably rupture
soon if it hasn't already. The first couple of posters did say "Take
the cat to the vet" without any vitriol. She already is whining that
she has no money to take the cat to the vet even though she assumes he
ate styrofoam. What home remedy is there for that? Her original posts
have disappeared off google so she must have deleted them knowing what
a dolt she sounded like.

There is really nothing to say except "TAKE THE CAT TO A VET." There
is no home remedy for a blockage casued by styrofoam. She made it
clear that going to the vet probably was not an option. Why should we
be kind and compassionate to her? Whether we say it with love and
compassion, "Sweet little moronic darling, your cat is dying" or say it
with vitriol, the outcome will be the same. This is not just a little
case of ear mites or something fairly innocuous, it's life-threatening.
If she heeded the first posters' advice to take the cat to a vet, then
she probably never even saw the rest of them. But the poor cat is
probably going to die very soon.

Seriously, what sort of person watches their cat barf up **** for days
and can only post to a newsgroup that they have no $$ to take the cat
to a vet? That is one of the almost universal feelings on this ng: if
you have a pet, you need to be able to provide for it, at least in an
emergency, if only to be able to take it somewhere to be euthanized. I
don't feel at all bad for treating her like the piece of **** she is.
I feel very sorry for the poor cat, though. What a terrible way to
die.

Candace