Cat in heat but will not mate...what to do?

Old July 26th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Cat in heat but will not mate...what to do?

I have an 11 month old Himmie that I am trying to mate at a reputable
breeder. This is the 2nd time I have attempted to do this and she will
not cooperate. As soon as I bring her to the breeder, she is
affectionate withher, but she will not have any part of the stud and
starts hissing and hiding. Has anyone heard of this? Should I just give
up? Please help. Thanks!

Old July 26th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an 11 month old Himmie that I am trying to mate at a reputable
breeder. This is the 2nd time I have attempted to do this and she will
not cooperate. As soon as I bring her to the breeder, she is
affectionate withher, but she will not have any part of the stud and
starts hissing and hiding. Has anyone heard of this? Should I just give
up? Please help. Thanks!

Here's one suggestion:

go he

http://tinyurl.com/zuqqh

Old July 26th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cybercat" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an 11 month old Himmie that I am trying to mate at a reputable
breeder. This is the 2nd time I have attempted to do this and she will
not cooperate. As soon as I bring her to the breeder, she is
affectionate withher, but she will not have any part of the stud and
starts hissing and hiding. Has anyone heard of this? Should I just give
up? Please help. Thanks!

Here's one suggestion:

go he

http://tinyurl.com/zuqqh

Seems my link did not work.

Try this one:

http://www.1-800-save-a-pet.com/adop...cue/69908.html

It is the web site for Little Orphan Angels Animal Rescue, Inc., right
there in Keller, Texas. Put in your zip code and it gives you pictures
of cats, including one that looks like a purebred Bengal, that need
homes. 7,000 others will be euthanized this week nationwide
for lack of a home.

Then maybe spay your kitty and go adopt one.

Old July 26th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
angel

wrote:
I have an 11 month old Himmie that I am trying to mate at a reputable
breeder. This is the 2nd time I have attempted to do this and she will
not cooperate. As soon as I bring her to the breeder, she is
affectionate withher, but she will not have any part of the stud and
starts hissing and hiding. Has anyone heard of this? Should I just give
up? Please help. Thanks!

How much does it cost to have her spayed? prolly cheaper to have her
spayed than pay a breeder. (extra money means extra time at the mall)

plus you wont have to deal with all the begging she is doing..

gotten any sleep lately? muuu hahaha

just get her spayed dawn...
when you consider all the facts about homeless cats, you wouldn't
hesitate to to get her spayed. no-one condemns you for celebrating life
and propogating a unique breed.. but in practice.. it adds to the
homeless problem.

someone will buy your kitten, the kitten will grow up neglected, get
knocked up, have a litter in the bushes... then those babies will grow
up diseased.. get knocked up by dey brother.. etc....

many many people in this group give of their time and money to local
shelters, they have seen the homeless problem close up

the odds are against a successful containment if you breed her

besides why would you want to breed your cat, it's just going to
shorten her life
after the male TAXES THAT ASS

Old July 26th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"angel" wrote:
the odds are against a successful containment if you breed her

besides why would you want to breed your cat, it's just going to
shorten her life
after the male TAXES THAT ASS

Have something on our mind today, do we?

Old July 26th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Toni

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an 11 month old Himmie that I am trying to mate at a reputable
breeder. This is the 2nd time I have attempted to do this and she will
not cooperate. As soon as I bring her to the breeder, she is
affectionate withher, but she will not have any part of the stud and
starts hissing and hiding. Has anyone heard of this? Should I just give
up? Please help. Thanks!

Have you spoken to your cats breeder about the situation?
Has the cat had a pre breeding checkup to rule out physical issues?

Every potential breeder (you) needs a mentor to advise them on things like
this, as well as other considerations a breeder needs to explore when
planning a litter. The breeder of your cat is the best candidate as your
mentor as they are familiar with the breeding behind your animal, health
issues within your breed, and as an objective judge of your cats suitability
as regards breeding quality. They can also be a valuable resource for
referrals when you are screening homes and doing your pre placement spays
and neuters, and God knows you will need them there for birthing
difficulties and the initial weeks of very delicate kittens lives. Without a
knowledgeable breeder helping you to breed responsibly, you will be just one
more kitten producer filling an already over full world with more cats.

Sometimes mother nature denies breedings for a reason, and having an
experienced breeder guide you through sometimes difficult decisions can help
you to understand what doing the right thing really is.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/kitties.htm

Old July 27th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Renfield?

"Toni" wrote http://www.cearbhaill.com/kitties.htm

Wow, the Feb. 2006 photo of the red cat standing up and scratching, is that
Renfield? I actually took a while and looked at the photo where they are
babies, assuming you listed their names in the order the cats appear, then I
think it is.

That is the coolest picture of his markings! I am saving it to my "cats"
folder and want to put the right name with the picture!

All your cats are gorgeous but his coat is a work of art.

Old July 27th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Toni

"cybercat" wrote in message

Wow, the Feb. 2006 photo of the red cat standing up and scratching, is
that
Renfield? I actually took a while and looked at the photo where they are
babies, assuming you listed their names in the order the cats appear, then
think it is.

That is the coolest picture of his markings! I am saving it to my "cats"
folder and want to put the right name with the picture!

All your cats are gorgeous but his coat is a work of art.

That "classic tabby" is Rochester- actually "The Marquis Rochester von
Cearbhaill".
And I love that photo as well!! I keep meaning to get a better shot of him
in that pose- someday!!

"Renfield the First Duke of Cearbhaill" is the mackeral, or tiger tabby.
It took my husband a week to tell them apart, but their faces are very
different, too.

Thanks for looking, and yes we spend way too much time thinking up pet
names.

Old July 27th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Toni

"Toni" wrote in message

That "classic tabby" is Rochester- actually "The Marquis Rochester von
Cearbhaill".

I'm so lame that I have to correct myself even though I know full well that
nobody cares G

Poor darling Rochester is "The Viscount Rochester von Cearbhaill".... not a
Marquis at all.