Ibuprofen and cats

Old July 27th 06, 10:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Default Ibuprofen and cats

Hi

Woke up this morning with a raging headache so I took some Ibuprofen. I
dropped one of the pills and ever mindful of the furry mistresses I
found it even through it took me ages and disposed of it.

But it made me wonder is Ibuprofen toxic for cats? I know aspirin is
and I guess it would be but can anyone tell me if it is?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 27th 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

YES LESLEY VERY TOXIC VERY DANGEROUS TO CATS

http://www.aspca.org/site/DocServer/...pdf?docID=2383

I am glad you found it :-)

Old July 27th 06, 11:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Matthew wrote:
YES LESLEY VERY TOXIC VERY DANGEROUS TO CATS

Thanks I just wondered-just curious- I would never give anything to the
Fabulous Furballs without taking the advice of our vet and I would
never leave a dropped pill were certain curious felines might get at it

Lesley

Old July 27th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

"Lesley" wrote in news:1153994579.955616.33270
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Matthew wrote:
YES LESLEY VERY TOXIC VERY DANGEROUS TO CATS

Thanks I just wondered-just curious- I would never give anything to the
Fabulous Furballs without taking the advice of our vet and I would
never leave a dropped pill were certain curious felines might get at it

Lesley

Boy, do I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me; head splitting and
down on the floor finding the lost pill. The chance of Zak ever eating
anything off the floor is so small but can't take a chance like that.
After that my head hurt even more. Good thing the IB works so well.

Andy