drinking water for cats

Old August 4th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mr E

Default drinking water for cats

My cat will not drink from a bowl, he just upturnes it soaking everywhere so
now I have to leave the tap in the sink running for him for drinks.

Anyone elses cat do this??

Old August 4th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Hamblen

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:49:23 GMT, "Mr E" wrote:

My cat will not drink from a bowl, he just upturnes it soaking everywhere so
now I have to leave the tap in the sink running for him for drinks.

Anyone elses cat do this??

Sometimes.

One of those bowls that is broader at the bottom than at the top and
is harder to turn over might do the trick.

Bud

--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.
Old August 4th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Michelle

Not mine. But that must wreak havoc with your water bill! Have you
considered one of those pet fountains? It uses a pump to give
continuous "running" water from a reservoir. There's a pic he
http://www.petfountain.com/

Old August 4th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mr E

I bought a bowl with a massive ring at the botom but he still tips it ove,
id need to concrete it to the floor lol

Michelle, luckily I live in rainy scotland so dont have a water bill as
such, I pay a standard water charge every year
ups.com...

Old August 4th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article ,
says...
My cat will not drink from a bowl, he just upturnes it soaking everywhere so
now I have to leave the tap in the sink running for him for drinks.

Anyone elses cat do this??

Get one of those fountains. My cats love the one I got them. It's the
Petmate Deluxe Fresh Flow.
http://www.petmate.com/Catalog.plx?ID=205

And btw, the filters are pretty useles if you have more than one cat. At
least once a week I do give the unit a thorough cleaning to remove the
cat hair etc. that clogs the pump. A better design would have put the
filter in front of the pump but they put the filter in the well.

I've found that by not using the filter in the well I get better flow,
and it's a convenient place to put a couple ice cubes to cool the water
down.

Old August 4th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mr E

That looks really cool! I think ill look into getting one of them actually.
A bit more cleaner than having him jump on the sink

Thanks for that

"T" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...

Old August 4th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Michelle

Ah lucky you. Our city fathers had the genius idea to build a city in
the middle of a coastal desert (San Diego, California), although I
guess the bay does make a nice harbor for ships of conquest past and
present

Out of curiosity, how much is your standard water fee? For reference,
my water bill last month was $25.

Definitely check out the pet fountains, and I second the comment that
the filter hinders more than helps. I keep planning to buy one for my
own cat but it keeps get pushed to the bottom of the priority list.

Mr E wrote:
I bought a bowl with a massive ring at the botom but he still tips it ove,
id need to concrete it to the floor lol

Michelle, luckily I live in rainy scotland so dont have a water bill as
such, I pay a standard water charge every year
ups.com...

Old August 4th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mr E

I am not totally positive as it is in with my council tax rates but I think
it is roughly £80 a year.

I watched the wee video for the fountain and it looks really fun for the cat
too. I only have 1 so a medium one would probably be ok for me eh? I have a
store up the road that stocks them, checked their website earlier
oups.com...

Mr E wrote:
I bought a bowl with a massive ring at the botom but he still tips it
ove,
id need to concrete it to the floor lol

Michelle, luckily I live in rainy scotland so dont have a water bill as
such, I pay a standard water charge every year
ups.com...

Old August 4th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mr E

Ye the pound is the same too, its drastically changed since it first came
into use in 2001...it was that year I think

Found another thing that cats love! My boyfriend has a case for his drum and
its fur lined, cat has been in it all night lol dont know if his pipe band
will be too happy with all the hairs tho tee hee but as long as my wee man
is happy :-)

Are all you guys from the US??
"T" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...
I am not totally positive as it is in with my council tax rates but I
think
it is roughly £80 a year.

I watched the wee video for the fountain and it looks really fun for the
cat
too. I only have 1 so a medium one would probably be ok for me eh? I have
store up the road that stocks them, checked their website earlier

Glad I could help. The cats really do love the thing.

As to filling it, what I generall do is put about a quart in the main
bowl, then fill up the reserve tank and put it in. It'll slowly feed out
water as the supply runs out.

£80 a year translates to about £6.67 a month while in U.S. dollars it
would be $152.61 U.S. a year or $12.72 a month. I see the dollar is also
sucking badly against the Euro damn it.

Urinary tract crystals - causes Rhino Cat health & behaviour 113 December 9th 05 03:56 PM
[REPOST] Defeated Yowie Cat anecdotes 11 September 8th 05 11:27 PM
:::::: help, diabetic cat (on Purnia DM only) just ate a half a roll (Carbohydrates) and is now drinking a lot of water.:: PLEASE advise. [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 9 June 22nd 04 05:12 PM
Water question TJ and The Dust Cat anecdotes 10 February 18th 04 05:51 AM
Other than water? Dennis Carr Cat health & behaviour 12 November 5th 03 02:38 PM