Stronghold (Revolution) reaction?

Old August 4th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Stronghold (Revolution) reaction?

I've just given Meep her monthly Stronghold dose. Normally, she licks
her lips, runs around a bit, tries to lick the spot, pouts and is fine.

Tonight though, she's acting strangely, but I don't know how much of it
is because I might have caught her half asleep; I'm also a bit concerned
that I may have placed it too far along the side of her neck; is it
dangerous if placed too close to a major artery?

I didn't even get all of it on her. Thought I did, but when I tested
over the garbage, I'd guess I got little more than half on her, maybe
less. I get it from the vet, it's the right dosage.

Anyway, after dosing her, she just sat there with fully black eyes, ears
half mast, and crouched. Flinches if I try to touch her. After a bit
she jumped down, ran around a bit, tried to lick the spot, then settled
back down to that big-eyed crouch. She looks like she has a really bad
headache.

Long ago, she used to get Frontline, but after a while developed a
reaction. Frontline Plus was worse, only tried it once.

Anybody ever had a cat (or dog, for that matter) react badly to
Stronghold/Revolution?

jmc
Old August 4th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Sounds like a bad reaction to it according to 1800 petmeds listing

What are the side effects
Pets may experience some temporary irritation at the site of product
application. If signs persist or become more severe within a few days of
application, consult a veterinarian immediately.

Old August 4th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot

If she has reactions to flea medications why do you use them? My cats stay
inside and only once in the last year have I had to treat for fleas and that
was due to the new dog having when we first got him. I see no reason to
load them up with chemicals if it's not needed.

The only thing any of my animals get on a monthly basis is interceptor for
the two dogs.

Celeste

Old August 5th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Spot exclaimed (05-Aug-06 8:15 AM):

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

Because I'm not treating her just for fleas, it works on mites and some
worms too, and because she goes outside, under supervision, and there's
signs that other cats do wander through our new digs.

At any rate, she was fine when I went and checked on her after this
post, and she's normal this morning.

I'm keeping an eye on her though, of course.

jmc