A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

We finally have a sofa!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 26th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 333
Default We finally have a sofa!

I just came from an auction here in town where I bought a comfortable and
not bad-looking sofa for only $20! I think the reason it went for so little
was they left it until the very end, by which time most of the other buyers
had either already left or had spent their money on other stuff.

I've been looking for a decent and affordable sofa ever since I moved to
town, so I am really thrilled. But that's not all - I also got two tables
for another buck, and a box of *cotton* area rugs for $2!! Rugs like these
cost around $20 apiece new at Walmart, and there are three of them in the
box!

So I'm happy as a pig in slop tonight, and tomorrow if I can find a way to
bring the stuff home, the cats will finally have a place to sleep other than
the floor, the cat condo, my desk chair and my bed. I'm sure they'll be just
as thrilled as I am!






  #2  
Old August 26th 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 632
Default We finally have a sofa!

excellent to hear Pat.

I'm looking for a new sofa too. The current sofa belonged to my
roomie's family and is well over 30 years old. It's made out of
egyptian cotton and after 3 years of cats, one armrest and two corners
are looking a little shredded. There's a front section on wheels that
can be rolled out as a footstool. It's uncomfortable and the whole
thing isn't fun to sit or sleep on. The roomie's family said I could
keep it since the roomie is moving to a place where she doesn't need
the couch anymore.

But I don't want it. I want a soft, long sofa I can streeeeeeeeetch
out onto.

I remember walking into Wickes furniture and told the sales guy. "I'm
a student, so I need a low price, and I have cats, so leather and
expensive fabric is OUT"

Found a nice secondhand one online, but of course I need to wait until
the roomie is out and the apartment is clean, and moreover, I need to
wait until i have the cash for something like that.

Hope your cats like the couch.

take care,

Kristi

  #3  
Old August 26th 06, 11:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,754
Default We finally have a sofa!

Pat wrote:
I just came from an auction here in town where I bought a comfortable
and not bad-looking sofa for only $20! I think the reason it went
for so little was they left it until the very end, by which time most
of the other buyers had either already left or had spent their money
on other stuff.

I've been looking for a decent and affordable sofa ever since I moved
to town, so I am really thrilled. But that's not all - I also got two
tables for another buck, and a box of *cotton* area rugs for $2!!
Rugs like these cost around $20 apiece new at Walmart, and there are
three of them in the box!

So I'm happy as a pig in slop tonight, and tomorrow if I can find a
way to bring the stuff home, the cats will finally have a place to
sleep other than the floor, the cat condo, my desk chair and my bed.
I'm sure they'll be just as thrilled as I am!


Congratulations, Pat, I hope your clowder is happy with *their* new sofa.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.
http://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk


  #4  
Old August 26th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sriddles@aol.com
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 806
Default We finally have a sofa!


Mischief wrote:
excellent to hear Pat.

I'm looking for a new sofa too. The current sofa belonged to my
roomie's family and is well over 30 years old. It's made out of
egyptian cotton and after 3 years of cats, one armrest and two corners
are looking a little shredded. There's a front section on wheels that
can be rolled out as a footstool. It's uncomfortable and the whole
thing isn't fun to sit or sleep on. The roomie's family said I could
keep it since the roomie is moving to a place where she doesn't need
the couch anymore.

But I don't want it. I want a soft, long sofa I can streeeeeeeeetch
out onto.

I remember walking into Wickes furniture and told the sales guy. "I'm
a student, so I need a low price, and I have cats, so leather and
expensive fabric is OUT"

Found a nice secondhand one online, but of course I need to wait until
the roomie is out and the apartment is clean, and moreover, I need to
wait until i have the cash for something like that.

Hope your cats like the couch.

take care,

Kristi


Have you been couch-shopping lately? My daughter got a new one
recently. /They're all so huge. My feet don't touch the floor sitting
on hers. I feel like Alice in Wonderland. There are some great buys out
there on nice used furniture. I think you're wise to find one that
way.

Sherry

  #5  
Old August 26th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,482
Default We finally have a sofa!

Pat wrote:
I just came from an auction here in town where I bought a comfortable
and not bad-looking sofa for only $20! I think the reason it went
for so little was they left it until the very end, by which time most
of the other buyers had either already left or had spent their money
on other stuff.

I've been looking for a decent and affordable sofa ever since I moved
to town, so I am really thrilled. But that's not all - I also got two
tables for another buck, and a box of *cotton* area rugs for $2!!
Rugs like these cost around $20 apiece new at Walmart, and there are
three of them in the box!

So I'm happy as a pig in slop tonight, and tomorrow if I can find a
way to bring the stuff home, the cats will finally have a place to
sleep other than the floor, the cat condo, my desk chair and my bed.
I'm sure they'll be just as thrilled as I am!


Congrats on the sofa. There are yard sales all around here selling sofas
and chairs due to divorces, etc. You can usually get some good deals at
yard sales.

Jill


  #6  
Old August 26th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,670
Default We finally have a sofa!

On 2006-08-26 09:45:27 -0500, said:


Mischief wrote:
excellent to hear Pat.

I'm looking for a new sofa too. The current sofa belonged to my
roomie's family and is well over 30 years old. It's made out of
egyptian cotton and after 3 years of cats, one armrest and two corners
are looking a little shredded. There's a front section on wheels that
can be rolled out as a footstool. It's uncomfortable and the whole
thing isn't fun to sit or sleep on. The roomie's family said I could
keep it since the roomie is moving to a place where she doesn't need
the couch anymore.

But I don't want it. I want a soft, long sofa I can streeeeeeeeetch
out onto.

I remember walking into Wickes furniture and told the sales guy. "I'm
a student, so I need a low price, and I have cats, so leather and
expensive fabric is OUT"

Found a nice secondhand one online, but of course I need to wait until
the roomie is out and the apartment is clean, and moreover, I need to
wait until i have the cash for something like that.

Hope your cats like the couch.

take care,

Kristi


Have you been couch-shopping lately? My daughter got a new one
recently. /They're all so huge. My feet don't touch the floor sitting
on hers. I feel like Alice in Wonderland. There are some great buys out
there on nice used furniture. I think you're wise to find one that
way.
Sherry


I know!! All furniture is HUGE! Like everyone lives in a gigantic house
or soemthing.

  #7  
Old August 26th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,579
Default We finally have a sofa!


"Karen" wrote in message
news:2006082610303316807%kchuplis@alltelnet...
On 2006-08-26 09:45:27 -0500, said:


Mischief wrote:
excellent to hear Pat.

I'm looking for a new sofa too. The current sofa belonged to my
roomie's family and is well over 30 years old. It's made out of
egyptian cotton and after 3 years of cats, one armrest and two corners
are looking a little shredded. There's a front section on wheels that
can be rolled out as a footstool. It's uncomfortable and the whole
thing isn't fun to sit or sleep on. The roomie's family said I could
keep it since the roomie is moving to a place where she doesn't need
the couch anymore.

But I don't want it. I want a soft, long sofa I can streeeeeeeeetch
out onto.

I remember walking into Wickes furniture and told the sales guy. "I'm
a student, so I need a low price, and I have cats, so leather and
expensive fabric is OUT"

Found a nice secondhand one online, but of course I need to wait until
the roomie is out and the apartment is clean, and moreover, I need to
wait until i have the cash for something like that.

Hope your cats like the couch.

take care,

Kristi


Have you been couch-shopping lately? My daughter got a new one
recently. /They're all so huge. My feet don't touch the floor sitting
on hers. I feel like Alice in Wonderland. There are some great buys out
there on nice used furniture. I think you're wise to find one that
way.
Sherry


I know!! All furniture is HUGE! Like everyone lives in a gigantic house or
soemthing.


Pat, congratulations on the sofa. We had a sofa we bought at auction in
Alaska for years and years. Loved it. Especially as the alternative was
the military issue one the Air Force was loaning us for the tour. Hope the
masters appreciate it. And allow you to use it on occasion

Go to IKEA for not huge furniture. They have the mini furniture market
covered. I love their showroom version of a 550 sq ft fully furnished
apartment.

I'd love to get a new sofa. Ours is too low for me to stand up from easily.
Old knees and old sofas don't mix. Maybe when Kayla gets a little older.
She is getting more settled. But she did try to dig a hole in the wall a
few days ago when I locked her out of the computer room.

Jo


  #8  
Old August 26th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,670
Default We finally have a sofa!

On 2006-08-26 12:52:25 -0500, "Jo Firey" said:


"Karen" wrote in message
news:2006082610303316807%kchuplis@alltelnet...
On 2006-08-26 09:45:27 -0500, said:


Mischief wrote:
excellent to hear Pat.

I'm looking for a new sofa too. The current sofa belonged to my
roomie's family and is well over 30 years old. It's made out of
egyptian cotton and after 3 years of cats, one armrest and two corners
are looking a little shredded. There's a front section on wheels that
can be rolled out as a footstool. It's uncomfortable and the whole
thing isn't fun to sit or sleep on. The roomie's family said I could
keep it since the roomie is moving to a place where she doesn't need
the couch anymore.

But I don't want it. I want a soft, long sofa I can streeeeeeeeetch
out onto.

I remember walking into Wickes furniture and told the sales guy. "I'm
a student, so I need a low price, and I have cats, so leather and
expensive fabric is OUT"

Found a nice secondhand one online, but of course I need to wait until
the roomie is out and the apartment is clean, and moreover, I need to
wait until i have the cash for something like that.

Hope your cats like the couch.

take care,

Kristi

Have you been couch-shopping lately? My daughter got a new one
recently. /They're all so huge. My feet don't touch the floor sitting
on hers. I feel like Alice in Wonderland. There are some great buys out
there on nice used furniture. I think you're wise to find one that
way.
Sherry


I know!! All furniture is HUGE! Like everyone lives in a gigantic house
or soemthing.


Pat, congratulations on the sofa. We had a sofa we bought at auction
in Alaska for years and years. Loved it. Especially as the
alternative was the military issue one the Air Force was loaning us for
the tour. Hope the masters appreciate it. And allow you to use it on
occasion

Go to IKEA for not huge furniture. They have the mini furniture market
covered. I love their showroom version of a 550 sq ft fully furnished
apartment.

I'd love to get a new sofa. Ours is too low for me to stand up from
easily. Old knees and old sofas don't mix. Maybe when Kayla gets a
little older. She is getting more settled. But she did try to dig a
hole in the wall a few days ago when I locked her out of the computer
room.

Jo


No IKEA. I hear everyone talk about it, but have never seen one. I'm
aiming for a new sofa and chair next year, but everytime I go looking,
the furniture I see is just much too huge.

  #9  
Old August 26th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,891
Default We finally have a sofa!

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:29:07 -0500, Pat wrote:

I just came from an auction here in town where I bought a comfortable and
not bad-looking sofa for only $20! I think the reason it went for so little
was they left it until the very end, by which time most of the other buyers
had either already left or had spent their money on other stuff.

I've been looking for a decent and affordable sofa ever since I moved to
town, so I am really thrilled. But that's not all - I also got two tables
for another buck, and a box of *cotton* area rugs for $2!! Rugs like these
cost around $20 apiece new at Walmart, and there are three of them in the
box!

So I'm happy as a pig in slop tonight, and tomorrow if I can find a way to
bring the stuff home, the cats will finally have a place to sleep other than
the floor, the cat condo, my desk chair and my bed. I'm sure they'll be just
as thrilled as I am!



Way back when -- my mother bought a sofa from the sister of one of my
friends. This was during WWII After a good brushing, I ran my hands
down the sides and back. I found $4.36 in change. It's worth a try!
MLB

  #10  
Old August 26th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sriddles@aol.com
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 806
Default We finally have a sofa!


mlbriggs wrote:
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:29:07 -0500, Pat wrote:

I just came from an auction here in town where I bought a comfortable and
not bad-looking sofa for only $20! I think the reason it went for so little
was they left it until the very end, by which time most of the other buyers
had either already left or had spent their money on other stuff.

I've been looking for a decent and affordable sofa ever since I moved to
town, so I am really thrilled. But that's not all - I also got two tables
for another buck, and a box of *cotton* area rugs for $2!! Rugs like these
cost around $20 apiece new at Walmart, and there are three of them in the
box!

So I'm happy as a pig in slop tonight, and tomorrow if I can find a way to
bring the stuff home, the cats will finally have a place to sleep other than
the floor, the cat condo, my desk chair and my bed. I'm sure they'll be just
as thrilled as I am!



Way back when -- my mother bought a sofa from the sister of one of my
friends. This was during WWII After a good brushing, I ran my hands
down the sides and back. I found $4.36 in change. It's worth a try!
MLB


Whoa! Good idea to check for change. :-)
I bought a pair of denim shorts at a garage sale for fifty cents once,
and found a $5 bill in the pocket. That was the best deal I ever made.
:-)

Sherry

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OMG, I'm finally online! badwilson Cat anecdotes 29 May 8th 06 01:02 AM
Maui finally caved!! ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ Cat anecdotes 7 July 1st 05 05:04 PM
Sofa Saturday! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 15 May 31st 05 04:26 AM
question about cats and leather sofa ms. tonya Cat health & behaviour 9 January 3rd 05 12:05 AM
Persia scratching the sofa jmcquown Cat anecdotes 10 May 8th 04 09:57 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.