Al died today

Old August 28th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mdsu

Default Al died today

Al, my orange tabby (4 white paws and chest), who I adopted from an Ohio
shelter 14 years ago on August 17, died today. He had lung cancer. I
held him as the vet euthanized him. It was peaceful and quick. The vet
left me alone with Al for a few minutes afterwards and I cried like a
baby. I miss him so much! He was the most gentle little guy I have ever
known. The vet's husband, who was Al's first vet, called to tell me how
sorry he was. He said that to this day he always thinks of Al whenever
he sees an orange cat.

This day is especially tough as I live alone (divorced). Putting Al down
was harder than my divorce because unlike my ex-wife, I never stopped
loving Al.

At least Al's suffering is over.

Sadly,
Rich
Old August 28th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

In article ,
mdsu wrote:

Al, my orange tabby (4 white paws and chest), who I adopted from an Ohio
shelter 14 years ago on August 17, died today. He had lung cancer. I
held him as the vet euthanized him. It was peaceful and quick. The vet
left me alone with Al for a few minutes afterwards and I cried like a
baby. I miss him so much! He was the most gentle little guy I have ever
known. The vet's husband, who was Al's first vet, called to tell me how
sorry he was. He said that to this day he always thinks of Al whenever
he sees an orange cat.

This day is especially tough as I live alone (divorced). Putting Al down
was harder than my divorce because unlike my ex-wife, I never stopped
loving Al.

At least Al's suffering is over.

Sadly,
Rich

I don't know you or Al, but I know your pain. I am so sorry for your
loss. Al lives on in your heart. As long as you live, Al lives.
Old August 28th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"mdsu" wrote in message
Al, my orange tabby (4 white paws and chest), who I adopted from an Ohio
shelter 14 years ago on August 17, died today.

I am so sorry about Al, Rich. You gave him a good life, and I know it is
hard to lose him. When you have healed a little in time, maybe you could
adopt one or two of the many kitties who need homes. They won't be Al but
they are all special in their own way, and you sound like you have a lot to
give to a kitty who needs a home.

Old August 29th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy

I am really sorry for your loss. It is really hard losing a kitty. I
haven't heard about kitties getting lung cancer before. Can you
enlighten us?

Old August 29th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

mdsu wrote:
Al, my orange tabby (4 white paws and chest), who I adopted from an Ohio
shelter 14 years ago on August 17, died today. He had lung cancer. I
held him as the vet euthanized him. It was peaceful and quick. The vet
left me alone with Al for a few minutes afterwards and I cried like a
baby. I miss him so much! He was the most gentle little guy I have ever
known. The vet's husband, who was Al's first vet, called to tell me how
sorry he was. He said that to this day he always thinks of Al whenever
he sees an orange cat.

This day is especially tough as I live alone (divorced). Putting Al down
was harder than my divorce because unlike my ex-wife, I never stopped
loving Al.

At least Al's suffering is over.

Sadly,
Rich

Oh Rich, I am so, so sorry. The love you felt for Al was so apparent
in your posts. May you find some peace in the days and weeks to come.

-Lyn

Old August 29th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

mdsu wrote:

At least Al's suffering is over.

Sadly,
Rich

Rich, I'm very sorry about Al. It sounds as though he had a wonderful
life and I'm sure you enriched his as he did yours.

My condolences. Al might send anohter little kitty your way, you know.

Candace

Old August 29th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Ross Mc Master

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:51:57 -0400, mdsu wrote:

Al, my orange tabby (4 white paws and chest), who I adopted from an Ohio
shelter 14 years ago on August 17, died today. He had lung cancer. I
held him as the vet euthanized him. It was peaceful and quick. The vet
left me alone with Al for a few minutes afterwards and I cried like a
baby. I miss him so much! He was the most gentle little guy I have ever
known. The vet's husband, who was Al's first vet, called to tell me how
sorry he was. He said that to this day he always thinks of Al whenever
he sees an orange cat.

This day is especially tough as I live alone (divorced). Putting Al down
was harder than my divorce because unlike my ex-wife, I never stopped
loving Al.

At least Al's suffering is over.

Sadly,
Rich

Love and purrs from Cinder in your time of need. Al is fine in Heaven,
waiting for you.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147
Old August 29th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

I am so sorry to hear about Al. I hope the joy he brought you over the
years helps you through this difficult time.

Sue