No DSL

Old September 1st 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default No DSL

"Barb" wrote in message
news
Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken appointment
dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting Optimum Online!

Hope they have this news group.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Have you looked into cable? It is so much faster than dial-up that I find
it difficult to work on computers for friends who have dial-up.

MaryL

Old September 1st 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Thu 31 Aug 2006 11:36:17p, Barb wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news
Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken
appointment dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting
Optimum Online!

Hope they have this news group.

Verizon did that to me, too. I got so fed up with Comcast cable
(went down frequently, techs seemed clueless when it did, and two
times I can count the cable was disconnected at the pole because
they connected someone else, disconnected me). Verizon was
advertizing DSL here, and I answered their call. They sent me a DSL
modem with the CD for the software, but when I tried to connect on
the date they told me it would be activated, it didn't work. I
called them, they said my order was cancelled. WTF? So the CSR on
the phone re-ordered my service, I waited 10 more days, same
result. Order cancelled. It turned out that I was too far from
the CO, so the technical dept cancelled my order, but kept failing
to tell me about it. I figure they have an automated process that
scans for new orders and auto-cancels those where the residence is
too far from the CO. The CSRs sure didn't know why my order kept
getting cancelled.

--
Cheryl

Old September 1st 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

Barb wrote:
Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken appointment
dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting Optimum Online!

I'm sorry Barb, what happened? did dude install your ethernet card?

optimum online? that must be a dailup situation

well, you are welcome to email me if you would like to call me...
I've helped many people with a phone call. i am extremely patient...
I know windows 98 very well.

I look at it like this..

YES customer service is important, and I realize you are needing their
help just now
but if they can deliver the goods (high speed net that stays on)...
then that's what counts. imo

I had an excellent experience with their product, but I had an awful
experience with their underpaid techies..

if you can still use their dsl service, drop me a line, ill get you on
NO CHARGE

Old September 1st 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

T wrote:

Then wait a day or two and call the Verizon DSL folks. Sure enough, if
you're within distance it'll work.

when I signed up with verizon, they told me I can't be more than 22,000
feet from the source.

if she hasn't already, I would reccomend running a straight un-filtered
phone line to the dsl modem... (remove all splitters and filters)
before I plugged the phone line into the modem I would get a handset
phone and confirm a dailtone.

that's the first step.. is she getting an un-filtered dial tone to the
dsl modem
if not.. it's not going to work.

Old September 1st 06, 07:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Anonymous

Sent via http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org