What to do with a sick stray?

Old September 3rd 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy

Default What to do with a sick stray?

Please get a Vet's opinion.

Sven-Olof Berg wrote:
Hi,

once in a while a cat drops by for a visit, and meanwhile I suspect she
doesn't have anyone to care for her.

This is not only because she seems quite independent, but just today
I noticed her belly looks pretty nasty, with red patches that look like
sores or something. I took some pics as she slept on her back:

http://www.6TBO6N0Q52LK.webpage.t-co...bellyTotal.jpg
http://www.6TBO6N0Q52LK.webpage.t-co...ellyDetail.jpg

I don't know how a healthy cat belly usually looks like, but I'm quite
sure this is not how it's supposed to be. I thought about spraying it
with skin desinfectant, but this might hurt and I don't think she will
like that, and probably won't return after such an experience.

Has anyone an idea what exactly is wrong with this animal, and what
I should do to help her?

TIA for any opinion
Sven-Olof