link to some Dudley pix

Old September 3rd 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kitkat

Default link to some Dudley pix

Too lazy to to put these up on the binaries site.

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/a.../dscf0012.html

That is one of the last I took of him. I didn't post the ones from his
last days yet. Maybe I'll do that some other time on a website
chronicaling his time here. But in the meanwhile, just wanted to share
pix of my boy again. The first 8-10 pix are the newly posted ones. Just
a few of my favorites. I particularly love the one of me laying in bed
with luna and dudley on either side of me. Also the one of just Dudley
tucked into the covers and all you see is his little wedge head.

It's getting a little easier and slightly less traumatic. But I really
miss him. It is so weird and quiet around here. And Luna wonders why we
are smothering her now.

I will post his story sometime...I just havent had the mental energy to
do so.

This week was my first week back at school and to top it off, my
principal was almost going to dock me for a HALF DAY of time even though
I only came in an hour late the day Dudley died. I mean, how cruel is
that? I busted my ass to get there after waking up that morning to my
beloved dead pet. I still got there to teach 5 of my 6 classes and had
my friend cover the one class I missed. I didn't even require a sub. He
ended up doing the right thing in the end, but not before I had to have
my entire insides churned up again. Did he think I should leave Dudley
laying there all day? It made NO SENSE. And the weirdest part was that
before I got the surprise absence report in my mailbox, he had come to
see me to offer condolences, hugs and to see if i needed anything...like
some time, say an afternoon? Did I mention how this made NO SENSE?!

Well, thanks for listening. This whole losing (one of)your best
friend(s) thing is a real joy. :\

pam
Old September 3rd 06, 09:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Kitkat" wrote in message
. com...
Too lazy to to put these up on the binaries site.

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/a.../dscf0012.html

[snips]

[...]

Oh, Pam. And they wonder why the best and brightest leave the
profession in droves.

I am so glad to hear from you, I almost mailed you today. It's
that awkward thing where you want to reach out but not to
intrude.

Hang in there, angel. As you can see, I have the usual brilliant
things to say to one in such deep grief--but my heart is with you.

Old September 3rd 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kitkat

cybercat wrote:
"Kitkat" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

In my ten years of teaching, I have never had any one particular
incident upset me so much!!!! Rightfully so, i'd say. And my union rep
was all ready to go to bat for me, too. Fortunately, like I said, the
principal did the right thing in the end and apologized as well. But
still...

I am so glad to hear from you, I almost mailed you today. It's
that awkward thing where you want to reach out but not to
intrude.

You can email me any time. If I dont feel like responding at that
moment, I'll wait til i do feel like it.

Hang in there, angel. As you can see, I have the usual brilliant
things to say to one in such deep grief--but my heart is with you.

Bleh. There is really nothing to say. At least everyone on this ng knows
how I feel and have "been there done that"...it's a good place to come
and vent/express yourself. No one here will be thinking in their mind
"it's JUST a cat!" like I am SURE some people this week have thought.

Old September 3rd 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Kitkat" wrote
At least everyone on this ng knows
how I feel and have "been there done that"...it's a good place to come

and vent/express yourself. No one here will be thinking in their mind "it's
JUST a cat!"

That's right, everyone understands. Pam, when my 20-year-old cat died a few
years ago, it hit me sooo hard, and she was not really even very NICE to me!
I loved her anyway, and she was the furry bundle who had been by my side all
those years when people came and went.

Now that I have a loving, wonderful cat, I fear for how it will effect me
when something happens to her. Jasper was so special, he was a brave, smart,
wonderful old guy. It's a huge loss.

like I am SURE some people this week have thought.

Well, blank 'em. They are simply not evolved enough to form relationships
with superior species.

Old September 3rd 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Kitkat" wrote in message
. com...
Too lazy to to put these up on the binaries site.

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/a.../dscf0012.html

That is one of the last I took of him.

I just had to look again. What a gorgeous boy he was! It looks like he did
have some contentment in the last days of his life.

Old September 3rd 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kitkat

cybercat wrote:
"Kitkat" wrote in message
. com...

Too lazy to to put these up on the binaries site.

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/a.../dscf0012.html

That is one of the last I took of him.

I just had to look again. What a gorgeous boy he was! It looks like he did
have some contentment in the last days of his life.

He did have some contentment for sure. Even the night before he died, he
flopped for time and got some lovins. But That was about the extent of
his comfort that last night. I am grateful that he only appeared to
really be suffering the night before we had decided to take him in
anyway. We worried worried worried about "waiting too long" and if we
did actually "wait too long" it was only by a matter of a few hours. He
had his dignity and happiness up until the night he died. I really
believe that. (I have to!)

Old September 4th 06, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Very nice pictures, Pam. He looks like the same coloring as our Siamese
that died a couple of years ago. Mandy had a larger head though, she
didn't have the cute little wedge.

I like the picture of Dudley cuddled up on the back of the leather
chair. He looks so comfy. He also seemed to like using toys as pillows!
I love it when they do that.

Thanks for posting those.

Take care,

Rhonda

Old September 4th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kitkat

Rhonda wrote:
Very nice pictures, Pam. He looks like the same coloring as our Siamese
that died a couple of years ago. Mandy had a larger head though, she
didn't have the cute little wedge.

I like the picture of Dudley cuddled up on the back of the leather
chair. He looks so comfy. He also seemed to like using toys as pillows!
I love it when they do that.

Thanks for posting those.

Take care,

Rhonda

We also loved when he did that on the couch. He seemed to know that
couches had a top that he could sit on!!! In two years, he only fell
once (that we know of) and he usually did a darn good job of getting up
there and making himself a nice little dent to sleep on. For that, we
called him "Dentie" (and denter, dental, etc...we're nuts) Sometimes,
because of his dark brown coloring, just like the couch, he would just
blend right in and we wouldnt even see him there at first.

As for using his toys as pillows...yep...his catnip shark and catnip
banana were definitely pillows for him...right after we would get him
wasted on some good catnip.

Too cute.
Gosh I miss him.