HOW CAN i GET MY CATS TO SNUGGLE?!

Old September 3rd 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Cat Whisperer

Default HOW CAN i GET MY CATS TO SNUGGLE?!

Reading all the sad posts makes me want to hold my cats tight... but they
are not the snuggly type!
They don't like being held, and only come to snuggle when they feel like it,
rarely!

Is there some way to encourage them to be more snuggly?
They are 7, one male and one female.

Old September 3rd 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Nope you know cats do their own thing all you can do is entice them some
how some way ;-)

.. .

Old September 3rd 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Ross Mc Master

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 16:43:28 -0400, "The Cat Whisperer"
wrote:

Reading all the sad posts makes me want to hold my cats tight... but they
are not the snuggly type!
They don't like being held, and only come to snuggle when they feel like it,
rarely!

Is there some way to encourage them to be more snuggly?
They are 7, one male and one female.

I snuggle my cats and tell them that I love them that way.

Once a week they will snuggle me back. It's OK. It's up to the cats,
not us!

Cats rule us, not the other way around.
Old September 3rd 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy's Mom

I sure wish there was a way - but no. Some cats just don't like being
held or hugged at all. My Maine Coon especially. He likes to be near
me, but not held. He is very lovey though and enjoys being petted -
especially if it is done softly. Cats like to be the ones in charge!

Old September 3rd 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

The Cat Whisperer wrote:

Is there some way to encourage them to be more snuggly?
They are 7, one male and one female.

not trying to be funny, but this works... in fact! it is the only thing
that works

if you want your cats to rave over you...snuggle you.. rub your back
and feet...

get tardy on the food...

i don't practice this.. but I have noticed when I am tardy on the food,
this is how they remind me how much I love them.

if you keep them full... they don't have time for you

Old September 4th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Chinese Water Torturer

sobarryithurts wrote:
if you keep them full... they don't have time for you

Maybe it's your bathing regimen, Parrish.
Tell me about Uncle Dusty.

Old September 4th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"sosessyithurts" wrote in message
oups.com...

The Cat Whisperer wrote:

Is there some way to encourage them to be more snuggly?
They are 7, one male and one female.

not trying to be funny, but this works... in fact! it is the only thing
that works

if you want your cats to rave over you...snuggle you.. rub your back
and feet...

get tardy on the food...

i don't practice this.. but I have noticed when I am tardy on the food,
this is how they remind me how much I love them.

if you keep them full... they don't have time for you

I don't know, man, when I am late with Boo's food, she goes postal
on me. I get no love, I get cussed out in cat language, she slaps my
ankles when I walk past and occasionally pees on my stuff. :

I do not feel the love.

Old September 4th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sosessyithurts

cybercat wrote:

I don't know, man, when I am late with Boo's food, she goes postal
on me. I get no love, I get cussed out in cat language, she slaps my
ankles when I walk past and occasionally pees on my stuff. :

I do not feel the love.

heh

the only difference, mine **** with me they might get spinach for
dinner

oh yes i will baby... spinach tonight!

dem crickets hopping round here start lookin mighty good to em

Old September 4th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On 3 Sep 2006 16:07:08 -0700, "Chinese Water Torturer"
wrote:

sobarryithurts wrote:
if you keep them full... they don't have time for you

Maybe it's your bathing regimen, Parrish.
Tell me about Uncle Dusty.

I took a break from Usenet, and the other day, I looked at my
calendar. September, I said to myself. And sure enough.

Congratulations on being saved BTW. I'm still headed for damnation.

Charlie
Old September 4th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On 3 Sep 2006 19:10:49 -0700, "sosessyithurts"
wrote:

cybercat wrote:

I don't know, man, when I am late with Boo's food, she goes postal
on me. I get no love, I get cussed out in cat language, she slaps my
ankles when I walk past and occasionally pees on my stuff. :

I do not feel the love.

heh

the only difference, mine **** with me they might get spinach for
dinner

oh yes i will baby... spinach tonight!

dem crickets hopping round here start lookin mighty good to em

Yeah, I'll bet you're real hard on them alright.

Cats just vary widely. I used to have a cat named Albert, and I loved
him dearly. He didn't mind being picked up, but he didn't want to be
on my lap or snuggle. I didn't care. He had his own comfort zone,
and he was a very good companion. Sadly he died of cancer, many years
ago.

Now, my present cat, Tweaker, is very affectionate. At night he curls
up next to me in bed, and he snuggles right up to my head.

A lot of people tend to think their cats view them as servants, but I
don't think that is accurate. Cats think of people as friendly
cohabitants who have control over the food supply and other items of
comfort or necessity. By nature, however, they vary in how they
express their feelings. If a cat doesn't want close physical contact,
how can it possibly be expected to know that its owner does?

Charlie