my cat is acting different

Old September 5th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Boo33

Default my cat is acting different

i just returned yesterday from being outta state at sons wedding..i have a 13
yo tabby named socks.
when i got home yesterday he barely came out.his meow was some deeper..
thinking he just may be scared for being here 4 days by himself....altho he
has been left just for short periods before.
he came to me a few times last nite..this morning he is laying in front of
his cat box. he acts as if he doesnt feel good..i picked him up holding him
and even tried to use the kitty wipe down cloth on him.. he was not
interested. he went back to the box area...i have put the soft food out for
him and noticed it hasnt been touched.
he had gotten just a little sick on the towel he was laying on.. nothing
much..really..
while holding him his breathing sounded some what stuffy..he doesnt purr if
he does not much at all..
we are now living in a different state and since we have be gone the weather
has changed to some what cooler..but socks is only an inside kitty..
any suggestions will be greatly appreaciated...
there is a vet clinic for cats only in our area... but not knowing any vets
here i dont know...i feel as if i need to take him now..
has anyones elses cat done or acted like this...

Old September 5th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Boo33 wrote:
[...]

Please take him to the vet immediately. Let us know how he makes out.

Old September 5th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Boo33

just called the vet and we are going at 1 as that is what they said tyvm..
and will let you know...
wrote:
i just returned yesterday from being outta state at sons wedding..i have a 13
yo tabby named socks.

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]